Kingston BH-5 users help needed

Unoid

[H]ard|Gawd
I have some kingston hyperx 2x512 3000 memory.
I would WRATHER NOT take off the heatspreaders to find out what kind of winbond's I got..

Users who know what winbond's they got and they stickers on their spreaders please give me your educated guess as to which chips mine sticks have. thanks.

khx3000.jpg

Yes I jsut order those sticks about 1 week ago.

I hope someone cna confirm what these sticks got.

Hey Unoid, have you tried cas 2-3-3-11 to see how high the fsb can go? On NF2 mobo's the '11' setting is usually faster than 5/6/7.

ok, checked

"per your question khx3200(A) is ch-5
khx3200 is bh-5 which is better"

the A means ch and non-A means BH, looks like u got some BH-5 :D

well BH-5 I got huh? seems kinda unlikely since they can only do 205fsb stably w/o memtest errors?

since ppl say bh-5 LOVES vdimm i'll juice it up and give it a shot.

this may sound strange , but maybe you will try it. I was actually able to get a better o/c with my Hyper X at 2.5 - 3 - 3 - 7 instead of 2-3-3-5 or 2-3-3-11. FSB i mean. GL, but not sure if it's bh-5 or not.

Originally posted by boardsportsrule
ok, checked

"per your question khx3200(A) is ch-5
khx3200 is bh-5 which is better"

the A means ch and non-A means BH, looks like u got some BH-5 :D
Mine is KHX3500 (no A) and it is BH-5 chips. I bought the RAM last Summer though.

i'm getting my XMS bh-5 sometime soon. The only place i could find any was newegg, and i live in canada, so i can't really receive it. I had to ask my grndpa to order it for me, and them mail it to me after he gets it. Don't know how soon i will get it; but i it's a good guess to say that in about 3 weeks.

Originally posted by tracerwilly
this may sound strange , but maybe you will try it. I was actually able to get a better o/c with my Hyper X at 2.5 - 3 - 3 - 7 instead of 2-3-3-5 or 2-3-3-11. FSB i mean. GL, but not sure if it's bh-5 or not.

well duh you are going to get a higher OC with looser timings

thats like the oldest known thing in the book

:confused:

see how high you can go cas2 2-2-2-11 timings at 2.6v. Add some voltage and see how high you can get with those timings.

with hyperx 3000 it is impossible to tell

it could be BH-5, it could be BH-6, it could be CH-5 (maybe even CH-6)

the sticker shows nothing, and most hyperx 3000 is from their valueram bins, so it will probably have a kingston stamp on the chips, even if you choose to remove the heatplate

the kingston stamp (numbers and ns ratings) may hint at what winbond chips you have, but the most reliable (and easiest) way to tell is by system testing, but he rev. # is far less important than how they perform, so just test them.

Originally posted by AMD T-type
well duh you are going to get a higher OC with looser timings

thats like the oldest known thing in the book

:confused:
Isn't that the idea :eek:
I was merely stating that a known issue with NF2 boards is a bottleneck at the joint electron device which requires relaxed timings such as CAS 3 for Kingston Hyper X PC4000 to operate properly. Regardless of whether it is BH-5 or not.

P.S. - it can't be the oldest thing in the book....Im the oldest thing in the book.

Old farts never die...they just smell up space and deplete the ozone layer. - tracerwilly

I doubt these are bh-5 then.

3.2vdimm and can't even run test 5 memtest without 100errors. at 2-2-2-11, 208mhz

Originally posted by tracerwilly
I was merely stating that a known issue with NF2 boards is a bottleneck at the joint electron device which requires relaxed timings such as CAS 3 for Kingston Hyper X PC4000 to operate properly.

But that is PC4000

this is PC3000

anything over PC3700 almost has to run cas2.5 or higher

Back