Kingpin Reloaded

Hoping it would be a full revamp or sequel but this looks cool. Any classic brought back is a good thing!

I pirated this as a kid and one of the anti piracy features was to make all textures red brick walls lol

The only reason you're alive is because Nicky wants you to remember the beating we gave ya. Now keep your f**king ass out of Poisonville, you f**k.

:D

Def. getting this - Kingpin had an awesome gritty feel and some fun gameplay mechanics. I've gone back to it a few times over the years, so I'm glad to see it getting some modern attention.

Yes! Will there be MP?
Yes.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1224700/discussions/0/3195801484953105589/
1696261933147.png

He said "rebuild it for Unity" in that video. I wonder if that's going to affect anything since Unity's pricing fiasco.

I always got a kick out of "the combination to the safe is 36-26-36" and the guy at the bar saying "GET THE F*** OUTTA MY FOYAYYYYY" when not paying him.

I loved this game but it doesn't seem like they have done anything with it lol.

I never played this. The way it looks reminds me of Soldier of Fortune.

This was a great game for its time, remember it very well. That said, their "update" is no where near the work that was done on Quake II's recent graphical update.

Yeah I just finished replaying Quake 2 plus all of the new levels about a month ago. I'm surprised they invested the energy in those old games but I think it was worth it.

Steam doesn't show a price on the Kingpin re-release.

14.99 people are making Inside jokes about a dollar in the forums. I wonder if CD keys has the game.

Green Man Gaming has it but it's not in stock Kingquin doesn't have they should the name is similar. CD keys doesn't have it.

Seems pretty sweet so far to me for $15. The ability to switch back and forth between old/new graphics on the fly is a nice touch. There's no lag at all when doing so. I'll probably be using that feature quite a bit in all of the scenic locations in Tomb Raider when those remasters hit.

People are saying this is an unfinished, buggy mess.
It is a buggy rushed mess, not worth the 10 dollar price of admission... Wait till it is in the bargain bin at .99 after it has been patched up. For now the original with the community patches is superior in every way possible.... The 3Drealms curse strikes again.

Reviews are mostly negative not worth the risk for me even. Don't want to revoke my refund privileges if it don't work.

It's a shame because they issued patches very quickly, beginning either the day of or the day after launch, and each contained numerous fixes. But last time I played, the biggest issue in my mind (enemies being basically broken) was still present.

And son of a bitch...I hadn't been following SI but after looking up their catalogue of games I see 3D Realms has handed them development of Phantom Fury. Great.

It's a shame because they issued patches very quickly, beginning either the day of or the day after launch, and each contained numerous fixes. But last time I played, the biggest issue in my mind (enemies being basically broken) was still present.

And son of a bitch...I hadn't been following SI but after looking up their catalogue of games I see 3D Realms has handed them development of Phantom Fury. Great.
I can just hope that they have some people from Voidpoint working on it, too. They're the ones who made the magic happen in the Build/EDuke Engine, and I feel it will just come out janky if Slipgate Ironworks were left to their own machinations.

The messed up part is Slipgate is the internal development arm of the new 3DR..... Different people work on different titles but so far they have been all trash.... I have high hopes for wrath aeon of ruin, and Phantom fury but as of now I am not holding my breath. And dont talk trash..... the community manager definitely does not like trash talk about the various titles, at least from what I have seen with exchanges with one of the community members....

Back