PC:
KongPillarPC.jpg

360:
KongPillar.jpg

PC:
CobblestonePC.jpg

360:
Cobblestone.jpg

Do we know how the PC was configured it was running on?

AA? Res? etc.

Don't turn this into a shitfest either, please.

Rich Tate said:

AA? Res? etc.

wow...was it just not possible for them to make it like the 360 version? i mean come on, that looks damn good on the 360...

Rich Tate said:

AA? Res? etc.

Looks exactly like how the demo looked on my computer maxed

I dont think AA makes a difference since were just comparing specific scenes ( mostly close up )

calluum said:
wow...was it just not possible for them to make it like the 360 version? i mean come on, that looks damn good on the 360...

Not like its gonna be a Halo sized launch title anyway... :rolleyes:

The PC looks about mid-range afar as IQ goes. Arent they supposed to release a super hi quality version of King KOng?

calluum said:

Hell ya it does. I'm just curious how the PC was configured and what hardware etc. Just so we know before the "OMG teh XBOX PWNS UR PC" shit starts flying. ;)

i dont see why anyone cares about this game anyway
i played the demo for ps2 and it was not fun/interesting at all

Jesus_Faction said:

I think it is for the sake of realizing the Xbox 360's true power and how the software compares to their PC counterparts.

Jesus_Faction said:

actually i started playing it on xbox and it was pretty damn fun. of course im a single player type of gamer, so that prolly goes a long way

Night Fox said:
I think it is for the sake of realizing the Xbox 360's true power and how the software compares to their PC counterparts.

It has less to do with xbox being more powerful than pc and more with the fact that the game is optimized for the 360 and the pc version doesn't have the bells and whistles the 360 version does.

rayg said:
It has less to do with xbox being more powerful than pc and more with the fact that the game is optimized for the 360 and the pc version doesn't have the bells and whistles the 360 version does.

Thank you :)

Just trying to remain objective. At any rate the 360 does look really great. Those textures are so awesome.

You have to realise too that the PC version is a port from the PS2/Xbox version. Still, that being said the xbox360 version looks very nice.

I'm thinking the PC version doesn't look as good because they didn't want to have too high of requirements to play it. With a console, they are free to make it look as good as the hardware can go. With a PC, if it'll only play on the latest graphics card, you'll lose a lot of sales.

That's just my guess...

Either that, or maybe the PC version of the demo just wasn't as far into development as the 360 version.

there are two different versions of the pc version, one is a port from the current gen consoles, the other is a port from the 360. dont ask why, but its true. you guys are looking at pics from the regular pc version, not the "gamers edition" so its a bad comparison.

rayg said:

Now now, I never said that the Xbox 360 was more powerful. ;)

For what it's worth, according to Gamespot, the PS2 was actually the lead console during development and it was just tweaked and changed to fit the different platforms.

There shoul be no difference from the PC and 360 version. What we are seeing is what happens when PCs get ports from PS2 and Xbox.

DukenukemX said:
There shoul be no difference from the PC and 360 version. What we are seeing is what happens when PCs get ports from PS2 and Xbox.

Lol, you really think graphics cards today can do that? Doesn't the 7800GTX chug with FEAR and CoD2 maxed? Imagine that LoD...

I don't know about everyone else, but my 7800GTX doesnt chug in FEAR @ max detail.

what the crap is king kong? Anyhow those shots arent exactly the same. The xbox has some post process pixel shader working which isnt on the pc version among other less obvious differences.

I would try to find a more direct comparison, betting quake4 will match up nicely.

those pc screenshots look like they have no pixel shaders, bump mapping, or parallax mapping like the xbox360 does. Basically comparing dx7-gen hardware vs dx9-gen *shrug.*

hughJ said:
those pc screenshots look like they have no pixel shaders, bump mapping, or parallax mapping like the xbox360 does. Basically comparing dx7-gen hardware vs dx9-gen *shrug.*

Yea it's really weird

The PC version seems to have more color. But 360 seems to have more "bump" and detail.

Bad_Boy said:
there are two different versions of the pc version, one is a port from the current gen consoles, the other is a port from the 360. dont ask why, but its true. you guys are looking at pics from the regular pc version, not the "gamers edition" so its a bad comparison.

is this true?

Yep. confirmed

http://shop.ubi.com/Prod_ExtDesc.asp?catalogid=349&id=89

Bad comparison afterall. I dont see why they didn't just include it all in one game and just scale it down...But i guess it's good since it's cheaper(29.99) to download then to buy.
System requirements

Supported OS: Windows® XP

Processor: Pentium IV 3.0 GHZ /AMD 3000+ or better

RAM: 2 GB

Video Card: 3D 256 MB, supporting Pixel shader 3.0 and Vertex shader 3.0

Sound Card: DirectX9.0C compatible, EAX 3.0

DirectX® Version: DirectX 9.0C

Hard Drive Space: ~6 GB

Supported Video Cards at Time of Release: ATI X1800/NVIDIA 6800 or better

Laptop versions of these chipsets may work but are not supported.

Additional chipsets may work but are not supported. For an up-to-date list of tested chipsets, video cards, and operating systems, please visit the FAQ for this game on our support website at: http://support.ubi.com.

NOTICE: This game contains technology intended to prevent copying that may conflict with some CD-RW, DVD-RW, and virtual drives.

Awesome completely unfair comparison of 2 different versions of a game

Circuitbreaker8 said:
Lol, you really think graphics cards today can do that? Doesn't the 7800GTX chug with FEAR and CoD2 maxed? Imagine that LoD...
I don't know about a 7800GTX but my 6800 doesn't have a problem with FEAR at max settings at 1024X768.

I think there's a problem with the 7800 graphic cards. Especially owners of 7800 cards in SLI.

Personally I've seen better graphics from other games then what Kong has.

You can clearly see it isn't the same game. Totally different textures and no pixel shaders or bump maps on the PC.

BTW why wouldn't the PC and 360 produce the same level of detail?

Also before we get into the 360 > PC or vice versa I'll quote from AnandTech. Cause they know more about this stuff then any of us do.

There are 48 shader units in the Xbox 360 GPU, but given that we're dealing with a unified shader architecture, you can't compare that number directly to the 24 shader pipelines of the GeForce 7800 GTX for example. We roughly estimated the shader processing power of the Xbox 360 GPU to be similar to that of a 24-pipeline ATI R420 GPU

I've got a p4 3.0ghz 6800 GT...everything maxed out on PC looks exactly as shown in the screenshots...played the xbox360 at the local wally world kiosk...WOW - xbox360 wins hands down!

Archaea said:
I've got a p4 3.0ghz 6800 GT...everything maxed out on PC looks exactly as shown in the screenshots...played the xbox360 at the local wally world kiosk...WOW - xbox360 wins hands down!

Yeah, but did u read what I and inititally someone else posted.

Rash said:
Thanks for confirming this!! now how about a bit of AA in COD2 in the xbox360 version lol!!
Can we get COD2 screen shots from PC and 360?

who's to say they didnt make the game differently for the xbox360? isn't that what microsoft is trying to do push people towards the x360 for gaming. game developers can make the same title of game but put in less features and definitions of charaters to there choosing.

i like how when king kong is a port to pc its purposly made to look bad, but when cod2 is a port to 360 its automatically just cant handle rendering the game

at least the high detail version on the pc is £29 but 6 gig, thats gonna take a while to download!!

*gasp* A PC vs X360 comparison thread started by Circuitbreaker8 that shows the X360 winning on all counts?! And he seemed so unbiased, too...

In addition to the points brought up, I wouldn't be too particularly surprised if some people were paid to maybe spend some more time optimizing one version, and less time optimizing another, since certain other people were probably fully aware that many people, such as us, would be comparing what few launch games there are for the X360 to their PC counterparts, seeing as how most of the games are ports anyway. If you catch my meaning.

Back