King Arthur Knight's Tale

That looks very good... turn based combat .... excellent graphics.... hope the
story is good.....

I like the look and vibe, but I can't handle games with turns like that anymore. I hit you! You hit me! I hit you! You hit me! It's like a bad action movie. I feel like that's a concept that was necessary with pen & paper or older PC games, but it's just antiquated now.

I like the look and vibe, but I can't handle games with turns like that anymore. I hit you! You hit me! I hit you! You hit me! It's like a bad action movie. I feel like that's a concept that was necessary with pen & paper or older PC games, but it's just antiquated now.
Turn based games like this revolve around strategy. It has nothing to technology. It's chess. Battletech is a fantastic recent example of this.

Finally a decent looking turn based game like FFT. Thanks Comixbooks

Its not antiquated. Consider that your taste has changed over time.

The presentation of these games is better than ever before with the visuals.

I've been going on a turn based tactical tear and there is certainly a large amount of variety and options within the games provided you're picking up ones with decent mechanics. Mutant Year Zero, BattleTech, Battlestar Galactica: Deadlock (admittedly WEGO), the recent Shadowruns, and Warhammer 40k: Mechanicus. Boiling it down to "I hit you/you hit me" is ignoring - movement and control of the battle space, risk/reward calculations, management of AP, management of cool downs, etc.

Comixbooks thanks for putting this on my radar.

I hope the interface is good and the ai doesn't take over the map in like the Total War Warhammer series. This is same publisher or devs at the Warhamer Matyr games.

Last edited:
20210127114403_1.jpg
20210127122433_1.jpg

Game isnt' bad it's like Spellforce but with good gameplay. The missions are are non save scum so if you fail it's game over and you have to repeat the mission. I screwed up and lost one of my knights because I thought he could survive with 3 guys in front of them all 3 guys swung at him and he went down. Next time I'll space out my characters. The graphics are good but it's kinda muddy. I found out my Razer Deathadder mini is horrible with the rubber grip causes my hands to cramp because of how focal the grip makes the hand on the mouse so I tossed them in the garbage. It's very much on rails for what I played but I'm sure it could open up as you progress this game is a keeper.

Its trying to be exactly like Darkest Dungeon. Not a bad thing.

The game is really early access though. Not much going on in the game yet. If they polish it up and make the menus less archaic it could be pretty cool.

I'm bummed. I was hoping that this would be a follow up to the King Arthur: The Role-playing Wargame series. Those were great games.

FULL RELEASE DATE

The most important thing first: we're happy to share with you that
Knight's Tale is leaving Early Access and going into full release on February 15, 2022
As you already know, we have 4 Acts lined up, with over 30 heroes from 6 classes for you, and we can't wait for you to continue your journey in Avalon!

Was much added from the beginning of 2021? Game was pretty bare bones and felt like a free-to-play thing someone would put on a resume.

In order to apply final touches and be able to provide a great launch experience, we have decided to move the release date of Knight's Tale from February 15 to March 29, 2022 The new date will make for a stronger release and a really polished version of King Arthur: Knight's Tale.

3 more Days sleeper hit turn based RPG. Nothing else in on the Radar really even PC Gamer mag. mentions it.

I asked the Devs when the game is going live 12:00 noon tomorrow but the download is going to be big.

i just hope the UI is better than Chimeria Squad lol less confusing.
From what I played it wasn't bad but I played the game last year.

49 gig download compressed 121 gig file install people are complain about losing their EA saves lol.

20220428023227_1.jpg
20220428024942_1.jpg

This is a good game forgiving in alot of ways playing on Normal.
You might have to tweak your sliders for Nvidia if playing with default settings Zoom in the final build.
50+ hour Game if you rush though the Story. The graphics are nothing to write home about but are good at times
at least the UI is easier for me than Total War Warhammer.

Last edited:
Are the battles similar to the ones in the Fire Emblem games?

It plays like Divinity Original Sin but the Inventory is only accessible after the map or quest is over. You can quick slot some stuff like potions and items which I don't have any really now. You build your Camelot upgrading with construction points and gold.
You have Campfires which you can restore either Armor or HP it's not a save point. You can save whenver you want too or
you have the option to let the game save for you which is an option before you start the game.
I only have 2 hours in so I suspect this game is pretty massive.

Last edited:
It plays like Divinity Original Sin but the Inventory is only accessible after the map or quest is over. You can quick slot some stuff like potions and items which I don't have any really now. You build your Camelot upgrading with construction points and gold.
You have Campfires which you can restore either Armor or HP it's not a save point. You can save whenver you want too or
you have the option to let the game save for you which is an option before you start the game.
I only have 2 hours in so I suspect this game is pretty massive.
Can you save during combat?

This game must have come a long way from last year when I played to see people saying it is like DOS.... Felt like a mobile throw away game back then.

Back