Kinda warm, NEC Display is selling some refurb for cheap

I'm looking for a new LCD monitor but you know I'm a little weary and uninformed about purchasing a "refurb" but it seems that all of you are very pleased with your monitors.

How is the LCD2470WNX monitor for gaming??? I'm looking for a 24" mainly for playing FPS like TF2 and watching HD content. I came from a 37westy which was too big, and slow for gaming.

http://www.necdisplay.com/Products/Product/?product=a55a382a-c61d-4c47-9c44-0abc3ddfa0aa

should I look into something else (samsung, dell)

Last edited:
What about length? the cables I got with my 2090's (sold via a resaler) were on the short side and my tower is farther away from my screens than is normal.

I'm looking for a new LCD monitor but you know I'm a little weary and uninformed about purchasing a "refurb" but it seems that all of you are very pleased with your monitors.

How is the LCD2470WNX monitor for gaming??? I'm looking for a 24" mainly for playing FPS like TF2 and watching HD content. I came from a 37westy which was too big, and slow for gaming.

http://www.necdisplay.com/Products/Product/?product=a55a382a-c61d-4c47-9c44-0abc3ddfa0aa

If you ask me, the LCD2470WNX might be the perfect 24"ers for an eyefinity setup. S-PVA, Bright as hell Thin-ish bezels and INCREDIBLE adjustable stands that blow others away. get them before they are gone. These sold for $900 two years ago and are a steal at $239 now. Dont fear refurb. they are in many cases better than new as they are checked over, and the flaws fixed. Arent new backlights part of NEC refurbs??

If you ask me, the LCD2470WNX might be the perfect 24"ers for an eyefinity setup. S-PVA, Bright as hell Thin-ish bezels and INCREDIBLE adjustable stands that blow others away. get them before they are gone. These sold for $900 two years ago and are a steal at $239 now. Dont fear refurb. they are in many cases better than new as they are checked over, and the flaws fixed. Arent new backlights part of NEC refurbs??

One minor (or major, depending on your outlook) issue with using NEC monitors in Eyefinity is most of them have the controls on a small array hanging on the bottom of the bezel. Landscape is fine; In portrait, the controls space out the bezels about 1/4 inch more. It's a bit annoying -- especially with the green LEDs (I covered these up with electrical tape). I found this out this weekend when I tried to flip my 2470WNXs into portrait. Other than this, they're the perfect gaming monitors.

I'm considering trying to mod the monitors by removing the control buttons and move them to the back of the monitor...

Edit/update: wait... did I just see the 2470WNX just jumped up to $339? Very happy I got them at $239, sorry for those who waited :(

Last edited:

NEC is considered one of the top companies for monitors and are high quality monitors. The refurb I got had no dead pixels, had no cosmetic problems, and was only used a short time. If it did not say refurb, I would have never known that it was. They have warranties but that varies for each type of monitor and people here have said their customer support is great.

How do you check the number hours it was used? I have 3090, and "press up and reset/dvmode @ monitor info in menu" didn't work for me.

How do you check the number hours it was used? I have 3090, and "press up and reset/dvmode @ monitor info in menu" didn't work for me.

You need to press the Menu/Exit button, then scroll over to the Info screen. Then, hold the round menu button up, then press up on reset/dvmode.

Just remember if you see high hours the refurbs have their backlight replaced, so no big deal. It's better to have a good used panel with a new backlight than a bad new panel.

I just received 3 x LCD2470WNX and they are effing perfect. I got them for $239/per and that is a STEAL if you ask me. All 3 have 20K + hours on them but they look brand new. Best $717 I have spent in a long time

I just received 3 x LCD2470WNX and they are effing perfect. I got them for $239/per and that is a STEAL if you ask me. All 3 have 20K + hours on them but they look brand new. Best $717 I have spent in a long time

They replace the bulbs when they refurb them, so the 20K hours is not that much of a deal. I bought 2x P221w's, but somehow they both had less than 30 hours on each of them. I debated on the 3 24" NEC's; but just bought a 3090WQXi to pair with my P221W's so I will be happy for many years to come with my monitor setup :D:D

My only issue with those refurbs and only reason I'm scared from ordering them is the short warranty... if I recall it was 90 days... and buying from Dell's high-end line (or new NEC) you get 3yr warrantys...

Back