Kinda Hot? Amazon Buy One Get One 1C Games

dracos

Supreme [H]ardness
All of the 1C games are on sale this week on Amazon for $5 each and you get a $5 credit for buying one of them so basically it's buy one get one. Sure they're 1C games and not the greatest stuff, but it's a semi-decent deal I think and it's something to do?!

They do have the UFO series which isn't bad.. and they have the Penumbra Collection.. and a ton of others which I never even heard of..

There's 73 games in total so I'm sure you can find two games to get for $5 out of all of that..

LINK HERE to page

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Penumbra, King's Bounty, and Men of War series are the only ones I can vouch for. The rest are games I've never heard of.

*yawn* Necrovision and Cryostasis are good.

Necrovision is a poor mans Painkiller in WWI which is still better than all the Painkiller games made since the first.

Cryostasis is like Amnesia the dark decent or Penumbra but with FPS elements.

One of these days I'm gonna make an excuse to get vivsector. Swashbucklers looks weird and neat.

Last edited:
+1 for cryostasis and necrovision. Haven't tried penumbra, so I might get it.

Death to Spies is amazing. Soviet/Nazi era hitman type of great. Really enjoyed the first game

nope & i own most of 1C games & they are piss poor IMO

d6078223fc4b7bc73ba408373a94aaaa0417e50e

Last edited:
Is the men of war series any good?

The first ones are a bit rough around the edges. The interface is a bit clunky if you are used to other RTS games, and the voice acting is terrible. Assault Squad was a huge improvement upon the previous titles though. No other WWII RTS that I have played has quite the unit variety of MoW.

I really enjoyed the King's Bounty games, well the first one and Armored princess are what I played. They are set in the Might and Magic universe and based fairly strongly on the heroes games. They have turn based fights like Heroes, but you do not own cities or mines.

At any rate they are pretty decent quality, and Heroes of Might and Magic fans should enjoy them.

Those Men of War games look to actually have been reviewed/received pretty well, and I think I will scoop up A Farewell to Dragons. Looks like there are some half decent budget games there.

Last edited:
Any kind of limits to how many one can buy total or on a single purchase? There's around 4-6 games on the list that look worth trying to me.

EDIT: Not sure if anyone here cares, but someone posted a small "warning" over the King's Bounty Platinum download:
The purchased serial number is good for 3 activations only. What's not mentioned is that you can deactivate the game for 9 times, allowing you to reactivate again. In simple terms, you get a total of 12 chances to activate IF YOU DEACTIVATE everytime.

The problem is this procedure is NOT mentioned in the user manual or by other reviewers. The game installs WITHOUT creating a shortcut to "protect.exe" which is the program you need to run in order to deactivate.

I ended up getting vivsector because frankly I just love weird games. Seriously go watch a gameplay video it's farcry meets Island of doctor moreau.

Cryostasis and Kings B Platinum were my two of choice.

Can anyone recommend another besides those listed above? I have my finger on the trigger for Alcatraz but I need another game to justify it.

I grabbed the 1c pack on Gamersgate last week that had 87 of their games in it for $20.92

I think the only three not in it were Penumbra Collection which I already had from a steam sale. Dawn of Magic 2, Theatre of War, 4x4 Hummer and Red Shark.

I am pondering Dawn of Magic 2 and 4x4 Hummer since I got Dawn of Magic and UAZ Racing 4x4 to work in 1920x1080 with correct aspect ratio, and they use the same engines respectively.

Back