• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Kinda been out a lil bit??

jjdu4

n00b
Joined
Dec 7, 2005
Messages
15
I've kinda been busy and haven't had time to build my last PC.......about 6 months ago I purchased most of my items thinking I was fixing to build it when all broke loose and I just pushed it aside. I had to build a few customer boxes but other than that I haven't been keeping up with the video card wars. I have a brand new in box XFX GTX295 and I finally have time to build but from what I've seen in the last day or 2 the 295 is still worthy of running till the next batch of cards roll out huh? I not a fanboy of either so should I jump on a 5970? Thanks for the help!
 
If you don't want to spend anymore money you wouldn't do too bad by using the 295. You won't have DX11, but it will definitely pull its weight until some new cards come out that are worth upgrading to. You could sell the 295 and try to get a 5970, however that would cost a couple hundred bucks with the way 295s are selling. I'd stick with the 295, you should be able to get a lot of life out of it until the next refresh comes and then you can decide if it's worth upgrading.
 
In other words, keep your GTX 295. They are still very powerful graphic card... In fact, they were last generation's top graphic cards. Don't dump them because they're not the first and merely the second.
 
Then again since you have a New In Box GTX 295, now is probably the last time you can get max value out of selling it.

If you want to sit out this round of video cards ---Fermi's a loud, hot, power hog, and the 5970 is hard to find and still pricey because Fermi failed to dethrone it--- well the 295 is not a bad fallback video card to use in the mean time.
 
Then again since you have a New In Box GTX 295, now is probably the last time you can get max value out of selling it.

If you want to sit out this round of video cards ---Fermi's a loud, hot, power hog, and the 5970 is hard to find and still pricey because Fermi failed to dethrone it--- well the 295 is not a bad fallback video card to use in the mean time.

Pricey yeah...hard to find? Absolutely not. Newegg keeps them in stock daily. Right now these same 2 5970's have been in stock since last night and the Sapphire has actually dropped in price slightly.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...PA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=5970&x=0&y=0
 
Stick with the GTX 295 since you already have one. Next batch is coming this holiday season and supposedly AMD has their stuff already taped out. (rumor)So no sense getting the 5970 in your situation.
 
That is a VERY recent development, the Sapphire has only seen reliable stock and then the price drop for about 3 days from what I can see for example.

Your exactly right. Last weekend is when they started becoming pretty much available every day.
 
Just in time for Femi to come out. Now if they can get the price back to MSRP, the card will put some serious pressure on Nvidia.
 
That's a new revision of the 5970 from Sapphire. Unless I missed one it's the 3rd version of that card, and remember that one has a factory OC as well.
 
Back
Top