• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

killing hard to kill processes

hedron

Limp Gawd
Joined
Apr 24, 2008
Messages
495
Every now and again Virtual Grand Piano refuses to close and locks up. But I can't force kill it in task manager. There's some cli program that does a similar job, but it doesn't work either.

I'm wondering if anyone knows any magic that can force kill a stubborn process?
 
If you want CLI, you can use PSKILL. If you want a gui, then Process Explorer will do it.

I've had some processes that I couldn't kill with either of these and it took a restart to get rid of them. I use these tools daily and swear by them. Well worth adding to your toolkit.
 
Screw all of that press WIN KEY + R type taskkill /im ABC* /f and that will kill all processes that have ABC and * anything after the C.

so taskkill /im process* /f forces all processes with word process in it.
 
Back
Top