KiLLeR System UnLeaSHeD!

Which is good...you can add Dr Dre Beats and Monster to that list as well.

I've got a pair if the higher end IEM Beats and I think there's as good as my Shure E4Cs acoustically and they (absolutely, non-debatably) have better build quality.

Guys, ok I have AM7's...that I got when I was 27 lol... I remember I was laid up with a sprained ankle in a tiny apartment and surfing online and said.."Hmm... AM7's...yeah yeah" lol...

Now as far as headphones...I've updated my sig...and they are snappy nice... ULTIMATE EARS UE10's...had em for 5 years now....they were $900.... google them (Logitech now owns them but they rule!) nothing better imho...

:)

Jks the UE10 should be fine still, anything newer is relatively not that big of an upgrade mostly just a side-grade with a different sound signature. Don't be put off because newer CIEM's have more dual armature drivers inside, moar doesn't necessarily equal better.

I do miss my old UE18's and ES5's though :(

OP you're demeanor is 95% of why you're getting ragged on. You come across as a braggart douche with the way you're saying things; also you're flat out attention whoring. People are giving you legitimate advice and you're rejecting it saying they are distracting from people giving you attention. Whether you are or not is not relevant if that's the general perception from most people, you're going to get treated as such. If you wanted attention you should have built a sports car not a computer. Hardforum is about being hardcore into computers sure, but a lot of what your build kind of says is you just threw money at things. That and the whole attention seeking thing just cements that.

Calling people punks and trying to say that those who don't like your atttitude can't afford nice things is completely ignorant. I could easily afford to go drop cash on what you have in your rig, but it is not necessary for the things I do with my system; diminishing returns essentially is the way I see it.

That aside I am curious how the 4960x does for processing large raw files in LR5. I have a D800 and I process my raw files with my 3570K, and it performs pretty well. The only time I'm ever waiting is doing a lot of preview rendering for huge imports of a lot of files.

What do you actually do with your computer?

After reading this thread, I have to agree 100% with this. The guy's obviously proud of what he's bought, but needs to remember on sites like this, there are many people with far better systems, and strutting your very modest e-peen to these folks is an invitation to get ragged on.

To some folks, a system like that of the OP is about as exciting a new minivan. It may be a dream system for him and that's great, but for these folks, they aren't permitted to build their true dream system, as Intel has decided not to release CPUs of the necessary caliber (at any price) and NVidia doesn't allow Quadro SLi on "uncertified" systems.

Update - Ok for you guys jonesing on my velociraptor drives lol... I'm giving them to the bro-in-law and I added the Samsung 840 SSD 1GB and will probably look to go to Raid and water cool the gpu's later in the year but for now this should be pretty sweet. Still waiting on the Swiftech H220 CPU cooler from NCIX.com ... crappy place to shop but you can't get that awesome cooler anywhere else...ugh... should have everything built by the end of next weekend...

i think im putting out a petition against all the haters gonna headline it "hate the haters" seriously any person who bad mouths any piece of that system is (well im going to stop here because what follows would be profanity). or has easy access to too much money.

i think im putting out a petition against all the haters gonna headline it "hate the haters" seriously any person who bad mouths any piece of that system is (well im going to stop here because what follows would be profanity). or has easy access to too much money.

/facepalm

As was said multiple times, it's not about the system, or the amount of money spent on it. You don't see people badmouthing Vega. It's about the OP's attitude. And then subsequently calling others brats for calling him out on his bratty attitude.

Nice man following you from the moment you decided to buy one GTX 780Ti to two of them, and then three of them, when I told you that your system would bottleneck them and you got a little mad at me.

anyway really killer stuff but I'm the type of person that likes to give his own opinion from the little experience in life I had, here it goes.

yes my system now is about 4 years old, but from 2003-2009 I pretty much was always buying the best of the best paying that ridiculous premium for the "5%" more performance of each part resulting in maybe a 15-20% better system, from a system that probably would have costed you less than half the price, and at the end of the day when you buy that best of the best you are never, " NEVER " satisfied with the performance it never lives up to what you paid for it.

at the end of the day after what I have spent in my life witch sums up to a lot, if I'm in the market of buying something now I would buy the high end value stuff not the GTX titan premium stuff if some of you know what I mean, yes it will last maybe 1 year less but you would have saved the money to buy 2 system in the distant future.

-Edit, I know that most of the replies to this would be if he can afford it why not, that was not the point of my post good day.

Ouch man you have those heater's in SLI, although they offer nice performance they are loud toasters. Had 4 of them in my old 1366 980x/960 rig.

I'm running 3 EVGA SC 780gtxs in Tri-Sli and really the 3rd card shines in benchmarking, a lot if games won't see much of a benefit.

Notice my boxes said 4 way Sli

Original poster should of got one if these , games look awesome on my LG 29in Ultrawide 2560x1080

Last edited:
I think Op needs more horizontal scaling. Swap 4960X for two E5-2697v2.

Would gain e-peen as well.

see, I said it was missing a cpu;)

Well...I've never seen any killer gaming stats with dual processors...when I do I'll think about it lol. Now for other stuff..hmm wonder what benches you can get with photo/vid editing, that would be interesting.

Update: The Swiftech H220 CPU cooler finally arrived today...Thank Goodness...sheesh, never order outside the US unless you have to lol...takes forever...but you cannot buy this thing anywhere in the US so I did what I had to. This unit supposed to be a good 5-10 degrees cooler..beat like every competitor out there, good copper block.

Well All, its done. And its fantastic, typing this up on the new system you see below. I am cleaning up my office area and then will make it look pretty and post some pics and maybe a vid.

That dirty eh?

PICS :p

Ok Ok.... Here's one little one.... I have to finish cleaning up the inside and the rest of my office before I bust out the big camera for some real shots... :D

Thank you to Everyone who gave such great advice. You all, for the most part, helped me to configure a really fantastic system that I believe will last a very long time. Looking forward to some great benches and awesome gaming :cool:

DigitalCavemansNewSystemBuild2014.jpg

I just have to give you a hand for putting the whole thing together without having any problems. Considering the hype I figured your motherboard would show up DOA--but I was not hoping for catastrophe. It looks gorgeous man.

Congratulations and very nice system ...

Why the fuck cant you fuckin tards just compliment the OP... you have to add your 2 shit cents. Thats why you are a forum full of trolling dick cheese.

Now op ... the only thing I think would make it look even more beastly ... put all those guts in a Caselab case muhahaha.

I just have to give you a hand for putting the whole thing together without having any problems. Considering the hype I figured your motherboard would show up DOA--but I was not hoping for catastrophe. It looks gorgeous man.

Congratulations and very nice system ...

Why the fuck cant you fuckin tards just compliment the OP... you have to add your 2 shit cents. Thats why you are a forum full of trolling dick cheese.

Now op ... the only thing I think would make it look even more beastly ... put all those guts in a Caselab case muhahaha.

lol, dude everyone has problems...I never heard of anyone building a custom system and not having any issues. I will tell you that 3 things really ticked me off about the build. Number 1, the damn top cover was a bitch to remove. Number 2, the case is built with an overhang near where you put the gpu's making it kind of tough to tighten them down... and Number 3 - this really pissed me off... (If you use the Hydro H220 cooler by Swiftech w/the Rampage IV Black mobo) the CPU screws on the Swiftech Hydro H220 cooler that you use to fasten the cooler block to the CPU are not LGA 2011 compatible like it says on the box... they just wouldn't grab at all. Be mindful if any of you buy this cooler (and it truly is an awesome cooler). It was a bitch to remove the Swiftech spring loaded screws from the copper cooler block and get different ones that fit the Rampage IV Black Edition motherboard. A few bad words dropped along with the sweat and pissed attitute lol... However the case is very nice though, very large and I would have went with a Caselabs case but I really like the drivebays all connected together with power already available. You just put your SSD's in there they click in and boom your done. With the Caselabs cases you have to really get into configuring the right drive bays, where your going to put them etc. The 900D lets you remove anything and relocate really easy and it is a lot bigger than the 800D, just about the biggest case out there before you get into Caselabs territory. However, I'm sure someday I'll end up with a Caselabs case...your right they're awesome.

Last edited:
Ok I know many of you wanted to see some pics.... well here they are and then I'll stop adding to this thread.

Enjoy....

Just finished it this week :D

DigitalCavemansNewSystemBuild2014.jpg

DigitalcavemansNewPC2014redface.jpg

DigitalcavemansNewPC2014.jpg

DigitalcavemansNewTriSLi780s2014-1.jpg

DigitalcavemanPCOffice-1.jpg

DigitalcavemanPCOffice2-1.jpg

DigitalcavemansNewPC2014greengears.jpg

Very nice, it came out looking awesome!! I'm planning my Haswell-e build with a 4k budget, I can't wait to get rid of my 2600k

It was a great project and I'm sure down the road I will go ahead and water cool the rest of the system board and gpus. However, until I find another great watercooling company like Danger Den, I'll go ahead and wait.

Final thanks to everyone. :D

dc

Ok I do have an update. I had to remove the Swiftech H220 CPU cooler. Reason? It sucked, hows that. Even when the pump in it worked the temps could have been much better. The company's return process is awful, there's some guy in Canada that rebuilds them and apparently this model has a backlog of units that need to be repaired. The setup for the LGA 2011 is very poor and does not fit well at all. Not sure about the other models but this unit is poorly designed after a lot of research and replacing it with the model I will recommend in a second. Do not be misled, it must be installed perfectly and the fittings are not the easiest to deal with at least for LGA 2011. An additional downside is their pump quality. I was getting ok results, however the pump failed after 2 months and the unit had to be replaced. That brings me to their return process. HORRIBLE. You have to disassemble everything, take pictures of serial numbers and all sides of the unit for inspection prior to getting authorization to return the defective unit. Can you believe this! For nearly $150 you'd think they would feel so bad for your downtime and inconvenience they would next day air you the top of the line model with an apology. Um...no. That tells me that Swiftech is cheap, doesn't really care about its top of the line products and is trying to maximize its profits by discouraging customers with a lengthy return process. The kicker on top of the return process is they told me it would be at least 2 weeks before a replacement could even be sent! Nice eh...

Replacement: Corsair H100i Extreme CPU Cooler

Guys / Gals, I"m going to tell you this is probably the best cooler on the market. The cooling is absolutely awesome. 22C at idle. Full load I haven't ever hit 40C. It is one unbelievable cooler. One thing to note. It is very important on where you install your fans on the radiator. Fans are critical. Even in many video reviews and even the instructions they admit the fans are illustrated of being installed under the radiator inside the case. However, this is wrong, the fans need to draw in fresh air from the outside of the case and transfer the cool air across the radiator for maximum cooling. This is key. So install the fans to pull air in and install them on top of the radiator inside your case. Now, moving to how it fits to your CPU. This is the best. LGA 2011 does not require a CPU backplate. Other models Corsair provides you with the appropriate CPU backplate so no worries there. The coolest thing they did was to provide you with a "tool free install". They provide you with screws to put into your CPU that allow you to tighten down the block nice and secure. A pre-applied thermal paste that comes with the block works fantastic, its high quality because the results from my cooling numbers show that. It's also applied evenly across the whole block but thinly, enabling the block to make a tight bond with your CPU. Install is easy. The block even has a USB connector to allow you to run software that will allow you to monitor the temperature and fill levels on your desktop. Very cool..pun intended lol. In addition you can also control the colors of the label to match your color scheme, very cool again! In order to run the USB connection / software when you connect the cable to the block you will need an available motherboard USB header in order to connect it to your board.

Fantastic Cooler. Just wanted to update as this build makes for one awesome computer build
for 2013-2014 - Thanks to everyone who offered help and great advice - I appreciated everything and feel free to message me with any additional questions as it was my pleasure conversing with you all during this build.

Thanks everyone,

DC

Last edited:
One thing to note. It is very important on where you install your fans on the radiator. Fans are critical. Even in many video reviews and even the instructions they admit the fans are illustrated of being installed under the radiator inside the case. However, this is wrong, the fans need to draw in fresh air from the outside of the case and transfer the cool air across the radiator for maximum cooling. This is key. So install the fans to pull air in and install them on top of the radiator inside your case.

If you install the fans inside the case, you can still achieve pulling air from the outside in. Why do you specifically recommend installing them on the outside? I wanted the fresh air as well going across my radiators, but I installed the fans on the inside.

Oh no I didn't mean install the fans on the outside of the case. They are inside just on the top of the radiator inside the case. Sorry about that lol. And yes, I suppose you could put another 2 fans on the radiator to do a push pull set up. Probably would be even better. :D

Back