• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Killer Instinct

Bop

2[H]4U
2FA
Joined
Oct 1, 2003
Messages
3,426
Now that Rare is working for MS does anyone think that they will make the third installment of the Killer Instinct series after Perfect Dark ships?

I still play the N64 version once in awhile and its my favorite fighting game of all time. The game had the best finishers ever... remember the B. Orchid *flash* of death? :) ahhh good times.
 
Ya I loved that game. I loved those noises that jago would make. WAHHHHHHHHHOOO. haha. They don't make games like they used to.
 
Played that game a ton in the arcade back in highschool.

I just wish I could get a cool fighting game, period, on PC.
 
someone posted a list of confirmed xbox 360 titles a long time ago and Killer instinct was on there. they said it was from some UK gaming magazine. i don't know if it is real or not but since M$ owns rare it wouldn't suprise me. in fact, it would make me very happy :p
 
Not to thread hijack or anything, but I though EA owned Rare? Did EA own Rare for a while and then Microsoft brought them? Im confused now lol.
 
I REALLY hope that there will be another KI... It was my favorite SNES and Arcade game. B Orchid owned!
 
the best part was when you pulled off that insane combo and got the "ULTRA!" that echoed on and on as the combo kept going!
 
Not sure about the 360, but they are working on DS titles and they'd like your input on what you'd like to see(or not), here

I could never get into KI, not sure why... I'd love to know how many "Perfect Dark Online" requests have been submitted.
 
Lazy_Moron said:
Not to thread hijack or anything, but I though EA owned Rare? Did EA own Rare for a while and then Microsoft brought them? Im confused now lol.
Replace EA with Nintendo and you've got it.
 
Killer Instinct HAD to be the first to use combos - it was friggin awesome..

ULTRA COMBO!!!!!!

KILLER COMBOO!!!! -


Kk-k-k-k-KOMBO BREAKER!!!! :eek:
 
Mazgazine1 said:
Killer Instinct HAD to be the first to use combos - it was friggin awesome..

ULTRA COMBO!!!!!!

KILLER COMBOO!!!! -


Kk-k-k-k-KOMBO BREAKER!!!! :eek:


oooo the memories.. people hated how good I was at the breakers. :D

Would love to see new KI!
 
Just an f.y.i. guys, both KI1 and KI2 are available in M.A.M.E. With a decent computer they both run full speed, exactly arcade original.

-Ace-
 
The chd files are around 90 and 130 MB. I'll be damned if you can play with a keyboard though. I was really thinking of ordering one of those 6 button + joystick arcade deals from Ebay. But they're over 100 bucks. :(
 
Stereophile said:
The chd files are around 90 and 130 MB. I'll be damned if you can play with a keyboard though. I was really thinking of ordering one of those 6 button + joystick arcade deals from Ebay. But they're over 100 bucks. :(

This is one part i don't get. Why some people say they can't do fighting games on a keyboard. I've been doing it and basicaly, doing complex combos is no different from moving in an FPS (QWEASD=LP,MP,HP,LK,MK,HK). So if you can type decently, there's no reason you can't combo. :confused:

@Aaron_ATX
Get an emulator. I'm still hoping for native PC ports too tho :)
 
I get sound issues when running the KI ROMs in MAME, the sound skips/repeats every few seconds.
 
Stereophile said:
The chd files are around 90 and 130 MB. I'll be damned if you can play with a keyboard though. I was really thinking of ordering one of those 6 button + joystick arcade deals from Ebay. But they're over 100 bucks. :(

With alittle know how you could build one of those things yourself. It would cost less, and could be a simple one player box/control stick. It's just like all those guys who make MAME machines, just have to know where to get the board to mimic the keyboard keys. I hope to use mine again some day maybe.

By the way I do love KI it was the first game to really get me hooked on fighting games, back when it was ported to the SNES. The N64 game was alright but the SNES was much more solid.
 
Aaron_ATX said:
I just wish I could get a cool fighting game, period, on PC.


Answer: MAME and some roms and you're set. I play XMen vs Street Figheter, Marvel vs Capcom, etc.....and get a good gamepad. I've got the Saitek rumblepro and it works great.
 
AceTKK said:
I can "sort-of" play KI, Mortal Kombat, SF2, etc. on a keyboard but it's really not the same. That's why I read this site :) www.arcadecontrols.com

-Ace-

I got a Sega arcade stick from a junk store, ripped out the guts, and soldered together 3 bucks worth of transitors. Presto, instant 8 button arcade stick for under 6 bucks, pretty tough too, the chasis was definitely made to last! And when i finally tried it, i sucked, it's easier to press down on two buttons on the keyboard to do a fireball motion than twisting your whole hand with a stick, went straight back to keyboard and it's been in my closet ever since :p
 
Stereophile said:
The chd files are around 90 and 130 MB. I'll be damned if you can play with a keyboard though. I was really thinking of ordering one of those 6 button + joystick arcade deals from Ebay. But they're over 100 bucks. :(

I found a zip (about 4 mb) file for Killer Instinct for MAME. What other files do I need? What is this chd file you talk of and any suggestions as to where I can find something close?
 
I remember hearing a rumor some time back that Rare was working on another KI game but I wouldn't put too much stock in it. Between finishing up conker and working on PDZ and Kameo I dont see how they would have time. If any one is interested I just finished posting a couple of links in the PDZ thread to some videos of PDZ and Kameo.
 
Cowcaster88 said:
I found a zip (about 4 mb) file for Killer Instinct for MAME. What other files do I need? What is this chd file you talk of and any suggestions as to where I can find something close?

Chd file is a "ghost" of the original arcade hard drive. Useful when you don't have a cabinet to use with your original arcade rom circuit card.
 
and the meat of what you need for MAME. I know it was a long time ago. But the KI we grew up with is more than 4mbs. :D
 
available on mame? thank you god!

(eh, where do you get the rom? or can I even ask that here?)
 
JRPereira said:
available on mame? thank you god!

(eh, where do you get the rom? or can I even ask that here?)

I have the same, possibly illegal, question. I know of a lot of sites with ROMs on them, but all of the newer mame roms always seem to be far too small and missing the files with the important content (older games, like the Raiden shooters, are easier to find.)
 
Mazgazine1 said:
Killer Instinct HAD to be the first to use combos - it was friggin awesome..

ULTRA COMBO!!!!!!

KILLER COMBOO!!!! -


Kk-k-k-k-KOMBO BREAKER!!!! :eek:

I was going to post that Tekken would have probably beat out KI on the combo front, but apparently they were released in the same year (1994)...oh man how I miss decent arcades...so many summers of my teenage years spent in arcades.
 
Best combos is fine as an argument but that guy mentioned first. Only the first button-mash-chain-together style maybe. I mean hell I loved MK2 because I revelled in the simplicity of the "juggling" combo system. A lot of peope said they were good when the SNES version came out, good times noticing they didn't even realize the damn mechanics of the game. Kinda became like a quiz to see if they even knew what they were talking about. Do you understand the concepts of a deep kick? No? Sorry bub, you have no chance. Haphazardly jumping at me, next time they hit the ground they have half health. :D

name said:
I have the same, possibly illegal, question. I know of a lot of sites with ROMs on them, but all of the newer mame roms always seem to be far too small and missing the files with the important content (older games, like the Raiden shooters, are easier to find.)

ROM sites don't sport the chd's that I seen so those means are pretty dried up. Just that front end ROM or whatever it is, so for games like KI they are pretty useless. I'm going to stay out of the shark infested waters in so far as suggesting alternatives. I wish I had the thing. Like diehards do, I played MK2 longer than most, still played the other diehards in the arcade after they came out on console, which was the knifing point of the long run it had as the mobbed machines. Killer Instinct finally gave me my next game. This thread brings me back to my arcade era.
 
BlackDragon323 said:
Answer: MAME and some roms and you're set. I play XMen vs Street Figheter, Marvel vs Capcom, etc.....and get a good gamepad. I've got the Saitek rumblepro and it works great.

agreed, I used to have a blast playing mame 2 player over a 27" tv, albiet with modified xbox controllers. Fighting games were the best.
 
hopefully they do make it for the xbox 360. It would be a huge hit and make tons of money for whoever produces it.
 
AceTKK said:
Just an f.y.i. guys, both KI1 and KI2 are available in M.A.M.E. With a decent computer they both run full speed, exactly arcade original.

-Ace-

Also an FYI for fellow Killer Instinct fans:

Don't forget, there was also the Ultra 64 Emu Kiame - which is still my emulator of choice for playing KI 1 and there was U64Emu2 which was a more optimized version for KI2. Development stopped a few years ago because the emualtors are 'near' perfect and the emu author moved onto other things (damn good programmer by the way).
 
Back
Top