Killed my box

[em]HEAT

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 13, 2004
Messages
312
Well, here we go again. Ok, I'll start from the beggining. Took my box apart this weekend so that I could install my fillport and my new water pump(I got fed up with the noisy ass pump that was in there). So I drill my hole, drain my tubes and proceed with the install. Got everything hooked up and powered it up so that the water could cycle through the pump and the hoses. Difference between the power connections on the 2 pumps are, the first one needed an DC outlet, wall outlet and this new one is molex.

It seemed that the pump was taking forever to cycle the water through, then I switched the hoses around and it started to flow, but very slowsly. I would add more water and then it finally started to flow. Here's where I think I fucked up. The entire time waiting for the pump to do it's thing there was no cooling on the cpu. The water in the hoses after making the pass through the cpu block was HOT. I had to keep shuting down the box and powering back up untill the water was flowing like it should've been.

One weird thing though, before when I had the old pump installed I had forgotten to turn it on one time and had my box running with n0o cpu cooling whatsoever so a minimum of 12 hours and nothing happened. This leads me to believe that it's not the cpu. The only thing I can think of is that it's the mobo. I say that because no9w when I try yo power up I get no HD activity and I get no signal to my gfx card. Everything powers up but no activity and no picture.

I remind you that this is the second time this type of shit has happened to me on these MSI boards. Not saying that it's the boardsa fault, but god dam, twice? I don't see how I could've killed my box by changing out the pump and installing a fiullport.

So where do I go from here? I've been to pissed to f*ck with my box since this has happened. Anny and all trouble shooting tips would be very helpful and appreciated. Thanks.

Here are the specs for the box in question.
{Box With Problems.}
AMD Athlon 3200+
MSI K8N-NEO Platinum
2x36.7 WD Raptors
Soundblaster Audiugy 2 zs
2x512 Geil Ultra Dragon PC3200 DDR 400
eVGA 6800 Ultra
WaterACooling by: DangerDen
 
Back
Top