• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Kill Kill Kill

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
2FA
Joined
May 18, 1997
Messages
58,488
Hot on the heals of missile destroying lasers, we have Killer Bot from Killer Brits. Can’t wait to see Jeremy tell us how these babies corner! Bring on The Stig!

Now, the United Kingdom's Ministry of Defence (MoD) has held its own robotics competition, the Grand Challenge, that cut to the chase with unmanned vehicles stalking human targets through the Copehill Down training village in southwestern England. The finals took place this weekend, and the MoD announced the winners yesterday.
 
I'd love to see Jeremy take one of these and go around the track while screaming POWAH!

I didn't know you watch Top Gear Kyle :p
 
I've always wondered why they didn't use R/C Cars for survey and bomb triggering... the shit is so cheap.. beats those 500k robots.
 
I'd love to see Jeremy take one of these and go around the track while screaming POWAH!

I didn't know you watch Top Gear Kyle :p

+1

Its amazing how many people in the US watch top gear. Shows why they're going to make a US based one.
 
I'd love to see Jeremy take one of these and go around the track while screaming POWAH!

I didn't know you watch Top Gear Kyle :p

Maybe he'll tell us about the build quality, ride comfort, and whether or not there's enough space in the boot for a set of golf clubs.
 
+1

Its amazing how many people in the US watch top gear. Shows why they're going to make a US based one.

Which I'm praying isn't going to suck...

Why can't they just release the seasons on DVD? There's a reason it's the world's most pirated television show (don't have a link anymore, but I read it from somewhere fairly reliable awhile ago).

On topic, unless one of the test targets was David Tennant, it's not a serious combat simulation!
 
They can't release it on dvd is because most of the music used on TG are commercial music.
 

They cannot release Top Gear releases as DVD for sale etc due to the way the BBC is funded and also most of the music they used on Top Gear are commercial music which I do not think the BBC pays for but is allowed to used because they're publicly funded and non profit.

Because of all that, they can't release DVD sets.
They do have some clips and what not with the music removed and some generic crap was put in place but it's just not the same. Plus, redoing 11 seasons with crap music, while being the biggest Top Gear fan, I wouldn't buy it without the original music.
 
Lol why give it to Jeremy, give it to James :D that would be funny lol.

The American team recently did their first race for filming, I am very wary of it, not a huge fan of most of the hosts, and they are essentially what make Top Gear so fun and enjoyable to watch.

At least series 12 is due to start in a few months.
 
i guarantee with america's state of affairs with all the corporate sellouts.... the only cars will be dodges and chryslers.... all the rest will get comments like "it's crap, buy a dodge"
 
They cannot release Top Gear releases as DVD for sale etc due to the way the BBC is funded and also most of the music they used on Top Gear are commercial music which I do not think the BBC pays for but is allowed to used because they're publicly funded and non profit.

Because of all that, they can't release DVD sets.
They do have some clips and what not with the music removed and some generic crap was put in place but it's just not the same. Plus, redoing 11 seasons with crap music, while being the biggest Top Gear fan, I wouldn't buy it without the original music.

Huh?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Top-Gear-Back-Fast-Lane/dp/B0000BZNJ1
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Did you miss the "Best of" part? That's the copyright-free highlight real stuff, not proper, full episodes, which is where the real joy is.

And yeah, it is the hosts, and the way they work together. I mean, look at the fat guy they had in the first season or so, before they got May. He actually presented interesting information, but it was *so* much less fun to watch than Captain Slow. I think the Australian version may be entertaining, but the guys they got for us... They better have an Aston on early, and they better like it!
 
Did you miss the "Best of" part? That's the copyright-free highlight real stuff, not proper, full episodes, which is where the real joy is.

*sigh* I guess I have to do all the work.

Look through all the Top Gear listings.

For instance:

Winter Olympics: The "Winter Olympics Special" episode in full, including a Mini driven down a ski jump and an ice hockey game with cars!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Top-Gear-Box-Jeremy-Clarkson/dp/B000GYHZ1W/ref=pd_sbs_d_h__2

Top Gear: The Great Adventures features Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May in two popular special Top Gear episodes at the North Pole and in the US.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Top-Gear-Great-Adventures-Special/dp/B001110H1E/ref=pd_sbs_d_h__2

So um yeah they do sell some of the " proper, full episodes, which is where the real joy is".
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
+1

Its amazing how many people in the US watch top gear. Shows why they're going to make a US based one.

The thing is, it isn't Top Gear without the original four (Jezza, Rich, James, and the Stig) that made it so popular, yeah I know Adam Corola is funny and Faust is a top notch stunt and rally driver, but it'll never be as good as the original team, and there is a Top Gear Australia coming out as well, there is already a TG Germany.

And I'd like to see these stalking robots handle some stairs or a ladder.
 
He was partially right, the music on the DVD releases has been replaced with stuff they are licensed to use. The DVD releases of the specials that were on TV have had nearly all their music replaced.

Well partially, except for the part about not being able to release them on DVD ;)
 
Well partially, except for the part about not being able to release them on DVD ;)

I suspect they just don't want to go back and re-dub the sound on that many episodes. I don't see why they couldnt though, technically speaking.
 
I also forgot to mention that Top Gear got booted from BBC America a few years back, when Clarkson bad mouthed an American car he reviewed, even though he was being honest as the car was crap (dunno if he was talking about the Chrysler 300 at the time or the Corvette, I know he has no love for either). I can see the American version praising anything on four wheels and burns more gas than an oil fire.
 
It did? Because I watch Top Gear several times a week on BBCAmerica (I just want the older episodes). Guess there was enough demand to bring it back, then?
 
I also forgot to mention that Top Gear got booted from BBC America a few years back, when Clarkson bad mouthed an American car he reviewed, even though he was being honest as the car was crap (dunno if he was talking about the Chrysler 300 at the time or the Corvette, I know he has no love for either). I can see the American version praising anything on four wheels and burns more gas than an oil fire.

Not sure what you mean. Top Gear only started being shown on BBC America last year, it has certainly never been pulled from the air. Only thing BBC America does is annoyingly edit the show for length.
 
Back
Top