Kill a watt question question

zalazin

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
May 12, 2000
Messages
1,655
System Specs:
Gigabyte GA-945GCM-S2C, Celeron E1200 Dual core, 2Gigs 0f DDR2800,Samsung DVD burner and HD4850. WinXP/VISTA Dual Boot. WD320 HD

Athena Power MP4ATX400 SFX MicroATX PSU Specs ARE:

+3.3V@12A,+5V@19A,+12V@20A,-12V@0.8A,+5VSB@2.5A

On my Kill a watt when running 3d mark advantage I see 318 watts peak. How does that relate to the power supply? Since the PSU is not 100% efficient about 65% is it only putting out only around 206 watts? So far the athena psu is holding its own. I don't fully trust the athena PSU there are mixed reviews about it.
 
System Specs:
Gigabyte GA-945GCM-S2C, Celeron E1200 Dual core, 2Gigs 0f DDR2800,Samsung DVD burner and HD4850. WinXP/VISTA Dual Boot. WD320 HD

Athena Power MP4ATX400 SFX MicroATX PSU Specs ARE:

+3.3V@12A,+5V@19A,+12V@20A,-12V@0.8A,+5VSB@2.5A

On my Kill a watt when running 3d mark advantage I see 318 watts peak. How does that relate to the power supply? Since the PSU is not 100% efficient about 65% is it only putting out only around 206 watts? So far the athena psu is holding its own. I don't fully trust the athena PSU there are mixed reviews about it.

It is hard to say. How do you know the PSU is 65% efficient?
 
^ That Watts-Up-PRO is also way more expensive. I think the Kill-A-Watt is designed to give you a rough estimate.
 
Back
Top