KickassTorrents Launches Its Own Release Group

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
As if the site wasn’t drawing enough attention, KAT is now offering its own releases, in filesizes that seem to suggest it is trying to fill part of the void left by the defunct YIFY.

The latest site to jump on the release group bandwagon is KickassTorrents (KAT). Currently the largest torrent site on the Internet, KAT is certainly not short of visitors but it appears that the site believes it can better serve the public with the provision of a site-branded release group.

Low quality, low bittrate releases, just what the world needs more of, like crappy cams arent enough this day in age with HD cam's :) barely good enough to watch on your phone...

Low quality, low bittrate releases, just what the world needs more of, like crappy cams arent enough this day in age with HD cam's :) barely good enough to watch on your phone...

lol tell me about it we don't need more low quality cell phone quality rips.

Headline might as well read:

Kid Throwing Rocks At Hornet's Nest Decides To Take Off Shirt

meh - after I got bored of paying for Usenet and lots of that getting cutoff, I found a nice private torrent site, invite only thats offers the latest stuff at near perfect quality. It's the kind of place where I don't mind at all reseeding to 300 or 400% or letting the torrent run for a week or two after complete.

meh - after I got bored of paying for Usenet and lots of that getting cutoff, I found a nice private torrent site, invite only thats offers the latest stuff at near perfect quality. It's the kind of place where I don't mind at all reseeding to 300 or 400% or letting the torrent run for a week or two after complete.

Also been on a private site for years. While idiotic, I do appreciate fools like the ones that run KAT keeping the anti-piracy forces busy. File "sharing" is all about flying under the radar. In your face, look at me attention whores are the reason FTP died years ago. Damn idiot kids nowadays.

Ive been finding plenty of 320kbps albums on KAT. movies have been good so far too,most are BD rips.

Ive been finding plenty of 320kbps albums on KAT. movies have been good so far too,most are BD rips.

But YIFY wasn't like that at all. It was shit. And if they are going to try filling that spot, it will also be shit.

There are plenty of amazing quality movies on KAT, but they weren't from YIFY.

same, max download speeds all the time and they offer everything from the shitty rips if your worried about space to full on 50gb+ bluray copies. Only time KAT really gets used is if its a crappy movie/tv show I want but don't want to worry about ratio's

Lol, people getting mad about an illegal file sharer because they used low bit rates!

Oh the horror, how dare he use low bit rates!

Fuck Yify. (and Yify knock offs)
This is why you can't find any quality torrents anymore. (so yes, how dare he - because it pretty much killed the ability to get good 720p downloads of even common things)

PimpUigi if you can not find good quality, your looking in the wrong places, there are plenty of high quality sites and content, a few with their own release groups.

Fuck Yify. (and Yify knock offs)
This is why you can't find any quality torrents anymore. (so yes, how dare he - because it pretty much killed the ability to get good 720p downloads of even common things)

What do you consider a "quality torrent"? Your standards must be ridiculous.

Weird that you consider less-than-dvd quality something to look up to. Wanting a movie in the quality it came out in, with the appropriate audio, is NOT "ridiculous".

Can't go wrong with a remux, I usually look for 50% file size of a remux. also they're quite a few quality groups if you know where to look. Wiki, CHD, etc

Weird that you consider less-than-dvd quality something to look up to. Wanting a movie in the quality it came out in, with the appropriate audio, is NOT "ridiculous".

I agree with you...... You must of missed the quote that I had with my post. I download 1080p 5.1 releases personally. Plenty of "quality" torrents out there.

I guess I should say that I could care less what these retarded sites do. I love all the shitty releases as the sites Im not do not allow them. All the shitty releases hit public trackers and thats what gets the attention.

If you are still on a public tracker, you must not pay attention to these forums at all as there are invites flying around all the time for private trackers.

Gotcha. I usually go for the 20gb 1080p DTS audio. If available. Pretty easy to find from many releasers.

It is if all the movies you are looking for are 40+ years old.

I guess I should say that I could care less what these retarded sites do. I love all the shitty releases as the sites Im not do not allow them. All the shitty releases hit public trackers and thats what gets the attention.

If you are still on a public tracker, you must not pay attention to these forums at all as there are invites flying around all the time for private trackers.

Well lets be honest, they are not really "private" in any sense, if you and me can get in, so can the 3 letter agencies.

But yes, the general populous can not, as many can not keep their ratio's up to be useful or stay on the sites.

Well lets be honest, they are not really "private" in any sense, if you and me can get in, so can the 3 letter agencies.

True but they're not gonna bother with a smaller private tracker plus people have to be active and upload to stay so it gets rid of "snoopers"/leechers

True but they're not gonna bother with a smaller private tracker plus people have to be active and upload to stay so it gets rid of "snoopers"/leechers

Not true, those private ones only hide behind limited subscriptions. The big uploaders are still sharing there and for the most part the same content exists on both private and public ones. The ones going after pirating are no longer going after websites but after these big name sharers, they don't even care about downloaders anymore.

Not true, those private ones only hide behind limited subscriptions. The big uploaders are still sharing there and for the most part the same content exists on both private and public ones. The ones going after pirating are no longer going after websites but after these big name sharers, they don't even care about downloaders anymore.

Exactly look at yify and piratebay, the government alphabet agencies go after the biggest fish to make an example.

The good internal groups release on their own trackers and eventually make they're way out to others

Back