KHX 3000 2x512 Users READ!

Unoid

[H]ard|Gawd
Based from DFI-Street forums: http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=798

If you got KHX 3000 mem that overclocks for crap..

SImply jump your vdimm as far as possbile (dfi infinity, 3.3vdimm) and run memtest 5 for 60-72hours and burn them in.

I went from 190fsb to 230fsb 1:1 2-2-2-6 on my memory.

This is a great way for fsb overclocking not to mention getting a massive OC on your khx memory.

If he does, or doesnt, is that going to help him achieve a stable stick of ram? The memory needs burn in, no doubt about it, as I have the same stick and motherboard also, that wouldnt run 2.5v stock either. It needed some serious burning, just leave it on overnight, and next time you try and raise the fsb, it should be much more willing then before. Good luck on your ram.

thebliX said:
u do know that 90% of KHX 3000 is bh-5 right?
u do know that Unoid is a very intelligent person, right? :p
Furthermore, i'd say the majority of the KHX 3000 series is BH-6, which would require more of a 'burn in' than the BH-5 brethren... but that's just me.

An interesting observation though, Unoid. Hell, i might try this on some of my other RAM. In fact i think i'll do that right now! :D

diredesire said:
u do know that Unoid is a very intelligent person, right? :p
Furthermore, i'd say the majority of the KHX 3000 series is BH-6, which would require more of a 'burn in' than the BH-5 brethren... but that's just me.

An interesting observation though, Unoid. Hell, i might try this on some of my other RAM. In fact i think i'll do that right now! :D

thanks for the backup on the intelligence, I suppose you saw my links in my sig? :p

I've never believed in burning in until I did it with this memory and it really worked. Much to my amazment.
I even wrote an article for geekextreme.com (I write for occasionally) about the burning it shiznit.

umm, why are you running 2-2-2-6?
you should be running 2-2-2-11

i got 245fsb 1:1 2-2-2-11 right out the box :D

Lucky mem if you did outa the box :)

Some reviews/reports of nforce2 chipset + 5-6/11 for mem have had some differences. I'm to lazy to benchmark both to see which is better. henc ei jsut use 6

Unoid said:
thanks for the backup on the intelligence, I suppose you saw my links in my sig? :p

I've never believed in burning in until I did it with this memory and it really worked. Much to my amazment.
I even wrote an article for geekextreme.com (I write for occasionally) about the burning it shiznit.
nah, a bit of good natured ribbing didn't do anyone any harm. I've been familiar with your work for quite a while now.

diredesire said:
nah, a bit of good natured ribbing didn't do anyone any harm. I've been familiar with your work for quite a while now.

AHH, big hug for you :p

Do you guys think burning in the KHX 4000 would result in the same type of rather great overclock? :)

[edit]

Nevermind, I read it up and the chips aren't nice BH-5's.. :/

Back