KFC Box That Charges Your iPhone?

HardOCP News

[H] News
Talk about a technology gone wrong story of the day. Why would anyone need a greasy KFC box that charges your phone 17% in a half hour? Better yet, can you recycle the boxes or is this just more landfill junk?

What happens if the chicken is really hot and the grease gets to the battery pack? Will it explode?

That's great. Charge your phone just enough to call 911 because you just had a heart attack from the buffet. Smart stuff, I 'll tell ya.

Who eats that crap to even begin with? Yuck.

But really, if any of these places can actually deliver ANYTHING that looks like the advertisements, I'd pay more. Forget these damn gimmicks, get your shit as advertised.

That's great. Charge your phone just enough to call 911 because you just had a heart attack from the buffet. Smart stuff, I 'll tell ya.
KFC has a buffet??!! Holy cat crap. Where? I never go in.

So while other companies are going green, KFC has decided to make a fried chicken box just about as non-environmentally friendly as possible.

Hell... Why not go whole hog and make the damn thing out of styrofoam!?

They could be handing out $100 bills with a $5 meal and I still wouldn't go there. What a shit hole.

So while other companies are going green, KFC has decided to make a fried chicken box just about as non-environmentally friendly as possible.

Hell... Why not go whole hog and make the damn thing out of styrofoam!?

It's KFC, the people that generally eat there don't care about the environment.

I use styrofoam whenever possible, I can't stand a cold drink leaking or leaving condensation rings. They are also great for coffee.

I'm guessing nobody read the article. It's a removable power pack, so presumably you can toss the box and keep the charger, so I don't think it's environmentally worse, so long as people keep the charger (or alternatively you return it and KFC recharges it and reuses it.

The actress in the ad doesn't look like she eats KFC very often. Just sayin'

A lot of fried chicken haters up in here.

Anywhere in the deep south you will find fried chicken and fat food buffets.

Mostly Chinese buffets, you don't really find southern cooking buffets down here besides Golden Corral. More profitable to sell by the plate. That's not to say the Chinese don't try, but their "American" buffet section sucks.

I'd say more fried chicken lovers than anything. Fried chicken lovers don't eat a KFC, they eat places with good fried chicken.

Ohh yeah. Or home made. Nothing like using refined peanut oil for your fried foods.

Anywhere in the deep south you will find fried chicken and fat food buffets.
I grew up in Cowarts and Ashford, Alabama. I know all about those places. But that didn't answer the question about a KFC buffet. I just want to know where one of those are. The rest is useless info.

So WHERE is the best place to get fast food chicken if it isn't KFC?
Although I rarely eat there, I like KFC.

That said, I'd say Popeye's is the best, while Churches is merely decent, but typically has much bigger chicken parts (KFC is generally the smallest).

That said, I'd say Popeye's is the best, while Churches is merely decent, but typically has much bigger chicken parts (KFC is generally the smallest).

Buddy and I will hit the lunch buffet at KFC about once every three months. I really like the baked chicken. But I may grab a fried let just for kicks. The only thing that concerns me is the GMO issues there. Wonder where the 2nd head and 3rd leg come from.

Lol. My girlfriend refuses to eat churches because she thinks they use mutant chickens for those huge pieces.

I'd say more fried chicken lovers than anything. Fried chicken lovers don't eat a KFC, they eat places with good fried chicken.

Eh Popeyes or KFC is all the same to me. For $5 I get 3 strips, biscuit, side, cookie and a drink. Can't beat that anywhere else.

Reactions: Rahh
like this
So does that box come with a charging cable? This seems like a much better deal than buying cables from the checkout line or Amazon. Next time I need a bunch of cables for work, I'm going to KFC!

Buddy and I will hit the lunch buffet at KFC about once every three months. I really like the baked chicken. But I may grab a fried let just for kicks. The only thing that concerns me is the GMO issues there. Wonder where the 2nd head and 3rd leg come from.
I don't have that problem. Until there's actual evidence disproving the safety of GMOs, I just don't care. Besides, there are no GMO chickens, unless you're talking about corn. If you are, then you should pretty much stick to fish (and worry about mercury instead).

Lol. My girlfriend refuses to eat churches because she thinks they use mutant chickens for those huge pieces.
I'd assume it's antibiotics, but the truth is Churches has had huge legs for as long as I can remember (at least going back to the late 80s). The strange thing is that for a long time they were both owned by the same company.

So does that box come with a charging cable? This seems like a much better deal than buying cables from the checkout line or Amazon. Next time I need a bunch of cables for work, I'm going to KFC!
I got 2 Apple branded lighting cables on ebay for 9 bucks shipped. It was much less than Amazon, but I suspect that was an unusually good deal.

My dad brought home a Perdue chicken bitty from an overturned truck accident. We fed it the same stuff from the plant, as the farms were everywhere, and the damn thing kept getting bigger and bigger. It as tall as a German Shepherd and it's head was to my waist at least. It would kick our Pitbull's ass and take his food. Let me rephrase that; we didn't let our Pitbull kill things so it would punk the dog out and take it's food. One day our dog had enough and so the bird was missing a wing.

The really strange thing about this chicken was that when it crowed or whatever, how do you know if a chicken has a penis or not, it sounded deeper than Barry White. It would rattle the dog when it decided to make lots of noise and it was deeply concerning to me also. One day after it's wing had healed, it charged me. I'm not sure if it meant harm or thought I had table scraps. I didn't take a chance and kicked it square in the chest. It died 3 days later and my dad declared that it died from heatstroke.

To this very day I feel remorse and confusion about this dark past of mine. But I wasn't going to take an ass kicking like my dog took from it. Heck no!

I worked at a KFC briefly when I was a highschooler and used to take home leftovers at the end of the night. I rarely eat KFC now but I still like their original recipe chicken. I actually like the chicken from our grocery store better though. Cub Foods deli spicy fried chicken. /random rant

Ohh yeah. Or home made. Nothing like using refined peanut oil for your fried foods.

Canola oil is actually better for you. Men's Health did a study on the different types of oil and Canola was considered the best for almost all uses - lacks flavor though if you are looking for that and smokes early if you are looking to get the oil really hot. It's cheaper as well. Peanut oil is great, but I generally have limited use for it and it doesn't store well.

The only time I have ever eaten KFC was years ago, I loved their twister wraps for like half a year (basically chicken fingers, lettuce, cheese, tomato and ranch... but the ranch they used was awesome).

I worked at a KFC briefly when I was a highschooler and used to take home leftovers at the end of the night. I rarely eat KFC now but I still like their original recipe chicken. I actually like the chicken from our grocery store better though. Cub Foods deli spicy fried chicken. /random rant

Lol - Cub deli fried chicken is pretty good! We often grab it for board meetings/events cause it's cheap.

Fuck it. I love KFC. Every time I visit the beach, I stop there for dinner. It may not be the best fried chicken out there, but I really love it. It's almost like crispy tacos vs. soft tacos. Completely different things. You have KFC fried chicken (fast food) vs. home made fried chicken (good stuff).

Good concept. Bad execution.

If I'm at a KFC, I can walk outside to my truck and charge my phone 100% in that same half-hour period. Why do I need a box to do it?

If I'm at a KFC, I can walk outside to my truck and charge my phone 100% in that same half-hour period. Why do I need a box to do it?

Are you a teenager or someone else who doesn't have a vehicle and relies on a bicycle, uber, or mass transit to get around? Then you're probably not the person they're marketing this to.

KFC has a buffet in Japan, one in Tokyo and one near Osaka. It's like $12 for an hour or something. Haven't been yet, but when I show up, I am sure they are gonna take a loss that day.

Unless you live in India, this deal doesn't apply to you and you probably don't live like a typical person in that country.

Back