Keyboards without letters?

Pacwageo

Weaksauce
Joined
Sep 20, 2007
Messages
103
First off, I type for more than 8 hours a day and I type without looking at the keys. I've been seeing a lot of people around who either spray paint their keys black or replace them with blank ones. Hell, I've even seen people buy keyboards without letters like the das keyboard ultimate.

So what the heck? Why do people like this? To "show off" that they can type without looking down? I guess I'm just confused...
 
First off, I type for more than 8 hours a day and I type without looking at the keys. I've been seeing a lot of people around who either spray paint their keys black or replace them with blank ones. Hell, I've even seen people buy keyboards without letters like the das keyboard ultimate.

So what the heck? Why do people like this? To "show off" that they can type without looking down? I guess I'm just confused...

So other people can't type on my keyboard.
 
When I do it, it's both to show off and both so people can't use my computer.

Another variation to this is just taking off the keys and mixing them up so they're in an incorrect order.
 
Its sort of a fun way to enforce true touch typing and get better with less commonly used keys. No real reason, just a hobby to see if you can do it :)

That said, since I started playing Starcraft 2 I put all the lettered keycaps back on my Filco. All sorts of unusual combinations my hands haven't memorized.
 
Indeed, I'm sure blank keyboards help out with those that can't keep themselves from looking at the keyboard. I want a blank set just because I think it looks cool.
 
its about training.
you don't need one of those keyboards
you can get a g15, with the leds off the letters are very hard to see, about the same thing

you don't realize how much of a habit you have of looking at the keys until you can't see them
 
You underestimate the power of the dark side. Feel the RealForce 87U Luke! The black on charcoal lettering is an elegant compromise.
5002373613_5d6e914593_z.jpg
 
heres mine... i like it cause i think it helps me improve my typing.

62cff782.jpg
 
Not understanding letter-less keyboards is like not understanding crotchless underwear - it just shows you're inexperienced and not immediately ready for action...
 
Just wait till Logitech comes out with an illuminated keyboard with blank keys. They'll call it the Logitech WTF1000
 
Last edited by a moderator:
letter-less keyboards is easy. try using a keyboard with the wrong letters (different language). illuminated keyboards like my G15 doesn’t support other than the English letters and putting transparent letter stickers will ruin it.
 
After looking into it further I have decided to purchase a das keyboard model s. As I said before, I can type perfectly well without looking at the keyboard. However, it makes the desktop look a lot better when you have a pure black keyboard Especially a sexy one like the das keyboard. I've been sold on the letterless keyboard idea. :) My main purpose for starting this thread was to get opinions on why the heck anyone would buy one. I see now it is for people that don't need the training wheels. (ie letters on your keyboard)
 
Back
Top