Keyboards. So many choices

Kaash

Limp Gawd
So about a year ago i made the switch to mechanical keyboard. The Razer ultimate cherry mx blue...bought it off a friend for $20 (only reason i got a razer lol). The wife complains a lot about how loud this keyboard is when she's watching tv next to me. Now that some nice new back let illumination keyboards are out, I thought its about time to do an upgrade. Like the title says, theres soo many choices out there. Though i think i've narrowed it down to two.

1) ROCCAT Ryos MK Pro mx cherry reds, comes out next month on 18 Nov 2013
2) Corsair Vengeance K70 Silver - mx Cherry reds.

I like how simple the corsair looks and the media key, primarily the volume knob. and the controured textured WASD keycaps.

The ROCCAT, i mostly like the new features they are putting out on the lighting of the keyboard. Like the back light of the keyboard can also represent your health bar in certain games, less hp, less lights. Also like their "Smudge proof" gloosy look. The Roccat does have macros, but i hardly ever use mine on my board, as my mouse is the logitech g600 with 24 macro keys on the side.

So any help w/ pro cons on the boards would be helpful (yes i know hard to compare a board not out, so compare the company? ) I've never own a ROCCAT item before, heck never heard of em till i found out about this board.

Also i'm all over place atm on genre of games. Currently playing Witcher 2 and some RTS / FPS games. if that matters at all.

thanks in advance,
v/r
Kaash

I don't know much about the ROCCAT.

The K70 function keys are closer to the rest of the keys. I like this because it makes ctrl+function a lot easier to press. For example, switching forms on a druid in WoW.
Also, I love media keys. I like to skip songs a lot, and sometimes I need to change the volume from very loud to soft very quickly.

In case you didn't know, the silver K70 has blue LEDs, and the black K70 has red LEDs.

The only major difference between the keyboards is macros. And since you're comparing a K70 and not a K95, this further enforces the fact that you don't care about macros. The other differences favor the K70: media keys, contoured keys.

I think that if your health was getting low, you'd want your keyboard to be brighter, to alert you and make it easier to find the important keys.

I'm in the exact same boat and have narrowed it down to those two also...

ROCCAT Ryos MK Pro looks freaking amazing.

Back