Keyboard suggestions

EndersShadow

[H]ard|Gawd
My fiancee recently has become more and more annoyed with the issues I am having with my wireless Logitech diNovo Edge keyboard. Since my computer is now actually next to a comptuer desk rather than my home theater room I thought I would see what suggestions you guys have for a nice wired keyboard. I still plan on using the Dinovo Edge because its like the best keyboard ever :D, but want to make her happy :)))

I would prefer it to not be super expensive and I dont need all those really neat features like customizable buttons etc. If they are there awesome, if not no real loss.

Here are the features I need:

1) wired keyboard
2) backlit keys somehow
3) low profile keys
4) black in color

not sure if this helps, but I had a first gen G15 that just died after 1.5 years. I then got a Razer Lycosa that is quirky. The touch panel is finicky and they keys wear very easy. My WASD is completely worn off and ive had it for 7 months. Other than that its great :)

will probably be my last "gaming" keyboard unless I find one that is reliable and lasts at leat 2 years. Thats just been my experience.

i suggest a lycosa. i LOVE mine. it has nice low-profile notebook keys, bright blue backlighting, and it's wired. and it's black. :D i bought it used, so i dont know how old it is, but ive had it for about 6 months and it isnt worn at all. i dont really understand how you wear out a lycosa, since the lettering and the key are two different materials instead of just a letter painted onto the key that can wear off. the touch panel on mine isnt finicky, its just that theyre touch sensitive buttons and not physical buttons so you cant always tell immediately if you hit one. the media controls only work if you have the computer focused on your media player, if youre using firefox with itunes in the background you cant skip to the next track for example. the volume keys always work of course since thats windows and not itunes, and you may be able to get them to work if you download the right drivers and whatever but i've just used plug n play so im not sure. someone can correct me if im wrong. the lights can be everything, nothing, or just wsad. theyre pretty bright, and the lights are in each individual key instead of a light underneath the whole keypad that leaks through between the keys and actually doesnt help at all. it also has a usb jack and headphone/mic jacks on it. downsides for me are that the mirror finish requires you unplug it and dust it off regularly, and that you CANT see the lettering when the lights are off.

yeah ive heard great things about that one was well. i couldnt use it because i hate the huge palm rest. (the one on the lycosa is removable.)

Back