Keyboard suggestion

Chelica

2[H]4U
Hello all,

I am thinking of getting a new keyboard. Currently I have an old Logitech Elite Keyboard. So, which keyboards would people from [H] recommend?

I will be using it for gaming mostly.

Thanks

What type of keyboard do you like?

Laptop style, big buttons...give some ideas on what you like, and we will give answers. :D

Deck, best keybaords ever IMO!! I had a DiNovo, nice keyboard and all, but no where close to a Deck...

Well, I really like keyboards that soft. Similar to the Apple keyboard. The current Logitech Elite I have makes clicking noise and it is really annoying. So something that has a soft click to it, is that even possible? I don't mind the size and not really into hundreds of buttons to do things I will never use.

I was looking at the G15 but the current game I play right now is WoW. I am not sure if you guys have heard about the player who got banned for using the G15 keyboard while playing WoW.

Umm...who told you people got banned for using G15 keyboard?

I have been a WoW player since the beginning & have not heard anything along those lines. (Link please) If people did get banned it is because they were using the keyboard more than what its purpose was (running a bot and just clicking the keyboard once to do multiple fuctions)

I know people who use the keyboard & have not problems with it while playing WoW.
Since you brought you are a WoW player, have you looked into getting a game pad? Overall function can help with binding keys etc, which gives the rest of keyboard to other things.

I mentioned a keyboard in another thread, but it is laptop style & has a bit of clicking noise. But with headphones that I always have on I can not hear a thing. (If you like laptop style keyboards I will post a link to it).

uhhh WoW just implemented in there recent patch to support the LCD for the g15 and If I may so say it works wonders :)

also if you can bind in wow settings, why can't you bind on the kb?

I just did a google search for "Banned for using G15"

I found some stuff, along with the guys blog about him getting banned.

In his statement it stated a few times that while playing he would not pay attention & just hit a button and let the character go for a few minutes.

That is botting & is not allowed. But binding a key to do one specific action is not against the rules. He programmed the keyboard to do multiple functions with the push of one button.

Chelica said:
Well, I really like keyboards that soft. Similar to the Apple keyboard. The current Logitech Elite I have makes clicking noise and it is really annoying. So something that has a soft click to it, is that even possible? I don't mind the size and not really into hundreds of buttons to do things I will never use.

I was looking at the G15 but the current game I play right now is WoW. I am not sure if you guys have heard about the player who got banned for using the G15 keyboard while playing WoW.

That WoW stuff is nonsense.

I see, I should really check on the G15. Also, you mentioned a game pad, any recommendation?

What do you guys think of those Nostromo pads? Are they any good for RPG or FPS?

Thing about gamepads is, you probalby should go to a store around you that has them for sale & test a few. See which one fits to your hand and is comfortable while clicking.

I personally do not use them as I have a wierd play style for the games I play, but I know most of my friends who play like them, because they give you extra buttons witih easy access.

WoW and gamepads dont mix. it would be way harder...and you would not be as good as you could be...specially if you were a caster. just my personal opinion so do whatever you want :)

Sounds good. I am going to swing by a store and test out the G15. My other option is a Saitek Eclipse.

G15 is awsome... i play wow and have a g15 nobody gets banned for having it... the keyboard i think was worth the money... one of the nicer keyboards ive ever used...

Back