Keyboard shopping...suggestions?

The contenders:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823126034

It's the g15. Need I say more?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823175103

This Saitek Eclipse is the cheapest on the list. It's a no-frills keyboard that has the layout I like and is backlit, which are my two biggest concerns.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823161028

The Ideazon Merc Stealth caught my eye when I was looking around. I really like the look of the custom controls on the left, except I'm concerned about their angle. It looks like it would either be very comfortable or just slightly awkward depending on how much I'd have to turn my hand.

I buy whatever is five or ten bucks at the local computer store. Last time I bought one it was a Mitsumi. Works just fine.

I've been shopping around for a new gaming keyboard as well. From what I've heard, the merc is crap, and may love the G15, but they are both too big for my needs. I'm looking for something a bit smaller, and the Eclipse is at the top of my list right now. I just haven't heard much feedback on it. I could still be talked into getting the bulky G15.

it doenst really matter what kind of keyboard you buy - if its your first time playing CSS you're going to get owned either way. I learned that the [H]ard way.

it doenst really matter what kind of keyboard you buy - if its your first time playing CSS you're going to get owned either way. I learned that the [H]ard way.

There is truth in this statement. :p

I would go with the G15. 872464,654941,494 people cant be wrong.

I had a G15 V1 and it was great. I like the v1 over the v2 though. in the end, its your choice. but i loved that keyboard.

I have an Eclipse, it's great in the middle of the night..I like it nice and dark(vampire). I also LOVE my simple little keytronic board, Its got great key-feel, a small footprint, and it might be the best $10 I've ever spent. :D

Go with the Eclipse II. Changing the colors of the backlight is awsome, and I think custom keys are ridiculous.

After taking a good look at the store at the various options, I have decided to order the new style G15. It isn't as bulky as the previous version, and seems to be a very good keyboard. I was looking at the Saitek because it looked smaller, but when I say them side by side, they are very close to the same size. They didn't have a display model of the Razer, but the box looked just as big as the others. We'll see how this G15 treats me.

I bought a G11 thinking I would use all the cool features. I dont and was a waste of money. Though it does look cool with the rest of my 'blue' system

I'm loving my G15 so far, and yes I do use the cool features. The LCD screen is great, full of useful info while I am gaming. Those extra macro keys can come in quite handy as well.

In the course of making my final decision I found the G11, bought it, and ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT. The eighteen programmable buttons on the left side are perfect for non-FPS games. It does everything I want.

Back