• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Keyboard problem

melteye

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Sep 29, 2000
Messages
1,851
I just opened my machine and switched IDE cables and now when I boot my machine and it goes to the "Start windows normally" screen the keyboard does not respond.

If I reboot and go into BIOS the keyboard works properly.

Edit: I just upgraded to a USB keyboard, apparently this is the problem as it works in windows. Is there any way to enable the use of these menues?
 
Look around in your bios and see if there is some type of enable usb keyboard support. This will allow the keyboard to work before windows loads it’s usb drivers.
 
Back
Top