keyboard problem or mobo problem?

bradams

n00b
just recently put together a computer with a DFI LAnparty SLI mobo... and I have a dell PS/2 keyboard... but it won't work on start-up so I can't go into bios or install windows...

if I get a USB keyboard will that likely to fix the issue? or atleast allow me to get into the bios to fix the problem..

note: bios is at default settings. also, I have a the PS/2 mouse that won't power on on boot.. but a usb mouse does power on.

sounds like your PS2 is messed up. Lol, way to post in the most relevant part of the forum... Video Cards. Anyway, yea, your USB works. PS2 is an old connector anyway. I say go USB keyboard. RMAing the board for something this stupid isn't worth the shipping cost alone (let alone the time you'd have to wait without a computer ;) )

What Catalyst version are you running?
It sounds like a heat issue, though, so you could try downclocking the card, see if that fixes it up. Do you get the same lockup issues in DOS?

banGerprawN said:
What Catalyst version are you running?
It sounds like a heat issue, though, so you could try downclocking the card, see if that fixes it up. Do you get the same lockup issues in DOS?
eh?

Or is that a repyl because this was posted in the wrong forum./..

ur problem is unclear.
does ur computer run w/o the kb and mouse? does it post w/ those i/o devices? or it doesn't even post at all even w/o these i/o devices. please be detail in ur prob.

Back