• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Keyboard not working USB or PS/2??

Impact9

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Nov 25, 2000
Messages
1,822
This is a odd problem I have a older Soyo Dragon Plus SY-K7V with a XP1900. The USB keyboard I was using had a bunch of keys stop functioning. I figured the keyboard got damaged since it was on the kids computer and it was one of those rubber foldable Grandtec keyboards from plycon. I then grabbed a spare 102 Key PS/2 keyboard I had and plugged it in. Again the exact same problem!

I checked the keymapping and regional settings in XP Pro SP2 and everything was set correct. I rebooted and got into the BIOS (delete key works) and I can tell I'm still having the problems since I can't use the up arrow keys. I reset the CMOS and completely removed the battery then hit the power switch to dump all power remaining. BIOS is the final released beta and it's been on the system for years.

I had NOD32 antivirus running with auto updates allowed. Also I have the system behind the server computer firewall plus it's own firewall. So I am pretty confident that no virus got in.

Google isn't being very resourceful since I keep getting midi keyboard controller results.

I thought a USB keyboard didn't use the onboard keyboard controller. So if the onboard keyboard controller is toast am I going to be force into buying a new motherboard?
 
Whoa. No, you MAY want an adapter (PS2 to USB) for that. Or get an USB hub and have that keyboard along with a PS2 to USB adapter plug it in there.

-J.
 
Well I've tried both USB and PS/2 keyboards and the results are the same. Anyone have any ideals?
 
Back
Top