Keyboard Macro software

chenw

2[H]4U
Hey all,

My G910 decided that 2 year warranty is enough so it is starting to act up, I am counting 3 letters and the enter key not working properly, more on their way possibly.

Due to the fact that none of the keyboards released between G910 and now has any macro keys (G710+ & G910 is no longer sold, and G105 had pretty shoddy reviews), I am in the market for another keyboard with Macros.

I have them down to the following brands:

Asus (Strix Pro)
Corsair (K95 platinum)
Cougar (700k)
G.Skill (KM570 RPG)
Razer (Blackwidow Chroma & V2)

Anyone has any experience with their respective software? I want to know how they compare with LGS.

What I am looking for in those software are:

1. Recordable Macros
2. Automatic profile changing depending on what game is launched
3. Per game profile lighting settings.

Many thanks!

They all pretty much have a hit a record start/stop button for your macro. Adding delays mouse clicks and such though....

The easiest to use is by far the Razer software. Very intuitive. Anything you need can be done. Nice stat gathering also.

The most pain in the ass is the Corsair. Can do anything, but just clunky. On the fly profile swapping is a pain to set up.

Asus is middle of the road. I also had issues getting profiles to swap.

You did not ask about Roccat, but I will throw it out there. I think they have the best software just ahead of Razer. Easy to swap on the fly between profiles, easy to set up with auto swap on exe. I just don't like their keyboards.

As I would love to recommend Corsair, but the software (CUE) is really bad (full of bugs and usability issues) IMO.

Back