• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Keyboard for home theater

klopz

n00b
Joined
Feb 25, 2015
Messages
5
I'm looking at getting a small keyboard / trackpad combo that I can use to control my HTPC. I don't have to use it very often, just when something goes wrong.

The Logitech K400r looks decent, but maybe to big to easily hide.

And then there's this thing, The Mini Wireless Keyboard. It's really, really small. Like, cellphone small.

Anyone have experience with either of these? Or have a recommendation for a small keyboard for occasional use?
 
I have the k400 -- it's actually quite thin. My TV stands approx 2" off the entertainment center (outside the stand footprint, of course) and I just slip the keyboard lengthwise under the TV so only a little bit is poking out when not in use.

It was a big upgrade from my last trackball-based HTPC keyboard.

And it's really cheap (got mine for $20 or so at MC)
 
I have 2 K400Rs and they are great for using with a HTPC and such.
 
I have the old Logitech DiNovo Edge for HTPC use.
I still see them on ebay etc.
 
I have a logitech MK700, I like it, battery life is good considering I only ever use the cheap nasty batteries
 
i have the mini wireless keyboard. its nice to fit in your hand, but its super cheap feeling. and i prefer typing on a keyboard style keyboard than an old smartphone style keyboard.
 
I have several K400's, they are ok. But I also have a variant of one of those mini's for my bedroom. Its easier to manage from the bed. The K400 is a bit cumbersome and still looks geeky. The latter may not matter you but you may not be the only one in your home. The mini is more discrete and easier to handle but the touch pads are generally crappy but get the job done.

Also the K400 is not backlit but some variants of those mini's are.
 
Back
Top