Keyboard comparable to IBM?

skot

Limp Gawd
Hi all,

I know a lot of people really like IBM's keyboards, including myself, but I was wondering if there are any other notebooks that have keyboards comparable to that of IBM?

Thanks in advance.

Yep, ibm owns in laptop kbs. But correct typing can be had on other brands, you just have to hit the keys more deliberately :).

yet IBM never has the insight to add a windows key.
</gripe>
otherwise awsome =D

Some individuals (such as myself) don't want a Windows key, and like our space bars nice and big, thank you very much. ;)

My comment to that would be... look at various models of laptops... Not all have a windows key beside the sapce bar.

I have a Toshiba Tecra S1. It has a great keyboard and the windows key and context menu button are at the top right of the keyboard. The space bar is plenty wide enough, i've never missed it yet. Windows key is a real time saver for doing shortucts. You can't use ctrl+esc to do these shortcuts (I know it'll bring up the start menu which is what most people use the key for anyway).

Personally I find this keyboard perfectly good. I can't feel any flex and the tactile feeback is quite good.

DanK said:
Some individuals (such as myself) don't want a Windows key, and like our space bars nice and big, thank you very much. ;)

Yea my T41 matches nicely with using my IBM Model M keyboard on my desktop.

The worst part is the fact that the software to emulate the Windows Key takes like 25mb of RAM.

The Windows Resource Kit (free to download from MS's site) has a program in it called remapkey.exe

This will emulate the windows key with 0 memory hit, although it eliminates other things like the on screen display, and the wireless on/off (only changes the bluetooth status on my T41 and T42P, wireless has to be turned on and off through software).

This is an acceptable loss to me, as I'm always using wireless...I use LAN seldom enough to not mind turning the 802.11 off via software.

Back