Keyboard and mouse not working in windows 10.

Creepin_D

[H]ard|Gawd
OK guys, I got an odd one here.

I sold my 1080Ti the other day, so I had to remove it from my system. I replaced the 1080 with a GTX 710 to hold me over until new round of cards are released.

Sense I changed out cards, my keyboard or mouse will not work in windows, both are Logitech G610 and G502. I have tried 3 other sets of keyboards and mouses, with the same result. It's strange because windows detects the hardware and tells me that my new hardware is ready to use, but it just won't work.

I also tried booting into safe mode, but for some reason my pc will just boot into windows.

I replaced the hard drive and did a fresh install of windows so I could to use my PC.

Thoughts or suggestions?

Had this problem in Win7. Detects new hardware but the hardware just don't work.

Turned out the hardware manager was borked.

Only thing I could do was reinstall. Repairs to the OS didn't fix anything.

Had this problem in Win7. Detects new hardware but the hardware just don't work.

Turned out the hardware manager was borked.

Only thing I could do was reinstall. Repairs to the OS didn't fix anything.

Ugh!, not what I wanted to hear. Thanks for the info!

I had this problem with Windows 10 and Call of Duty WWII my character would freeze up.

Hey why do all the newer motherboards have PS2 ports?

Last edited:
this happened to me with windows 7 a long time ago.
I disabled usb in the bios and removed all usb devices. rebooted, shutdown, then cleared CMOS and plug mouse and keyboard and windows reinstalled them and they worked again.

Back