• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

keyboard advice

myktek

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 16, 2004
Messages
244
I personally like flat style keyboards like laptops. I've been using one similarly like that for home for a few years. I'm now building a game machine and I'm pretty sure that is probably not a suitable keyboard for gaming. So i would like some advice.

I don't need anything fancy like bluetooth, wireless, and etc.
Volume controls would be nice and macro's wouldn't be bad either.
I don't want to spend more then 150.

any ideas?
 
Honestly any keyboard you are comfortable with CAN be suitable for gaming. Unless you play games that may cause ghosting.

Either way.

Check out the logitech series. G110, G15, G510. Razer does have some nice keyboards too, except the lycosa. Way to may issues with it.
 
Yeah, the Lycosa is garbage, worst keyboard I ever owned.

For a scissor style keyboard the Apple wired USB is my favorite, but it lacks things like macros, etc. I've gamed plenty on that keyboard and its fine. For gaming my #1 recommendation would be a mechanical keyboard. I own and love the Steelseries 6Gv2, and the Razer BlackWidow (which has macros btw) has been getting very good feedback. I only used it for a few minutes but I liked it.

All of these suggestions are under $150, and IMHO all are way better than the usual membrane keyboard. :)
 
obviously i'm not a huge keyboard guy, but i have loved my lycosa for well over two years now. it lays nice and flat, i love the smooth surface on the keys and the backlighting looks great.
 
I have the microsoft arc and really like it ,quite similar to a laptop kayboard and has all the media keys you need.
 
My advice would be to get a mechanical keyboard, the options easily available and prices depend on where you live, ie US. Asia, UK etc.
 
Back
Top