• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Kernel streaming in foobar2000, X-Fi Notebook, Windows 7 x64

mike_6289

Limp Gawd
Joined
Dec 31, 2004
Messages
316
First off, I know that the X-Fi Notebook isn't the greatest card in the world. Stupid purchase not worthy to replace my Audigy 2 ZS Notebook, but it broke :(

Anyway, for about a year now I've been using XP, and foobar2000 with kernel streaming through an X-Fi Notebook. Now that I've switched to 7 x64, I'm getting the impression that kernel streaming isn't doing what it used to. It used to bypass creative's software compressor/limiter and allow me an extra ~10dB of gain before hard clipping. Is there something I'm missing/doing wrong with this operating system?
 
Back
Top