Kerio returns!

Sweet! I was getting sad thinking about a replacement.

 
well thats good news, I forwarded this to Steve
incase that thought crossed anyone elses mind ;)
 
BurntToast said:
Sygate is still better... and still works :p

v 5.5 for life!

I don't know about for life, but I'm still using sygate 5.5 because I haven't found another one that I like.
 
At least Symantec didn't get to nuke it out of oblivion.

@#*%@(#*%& Symantec in this one instance. The only titles that they sell that are any good at all are Symantec Corporate AV and Ghost...

Pretty much most everything else that they've got (generally applied that has "NORTON" in the product name) sucks.

Creative did something similar when they bought out Aureal, and promptly nuked it into the ground.

I think anyone in the future who's thinking of buying anything with "NORTON" in the product name, keep this same frame of mind for Symantec.
 
Excellent news - Kerio has served me very well and I too was worried about its future.

As for Sygate being better... the fact that it allows all outgoing connections by default has always bothered me. I prefer a firewall that asks you for permission when a program attempts to connect to the internet. Can't fault its logging features though.
 
From sunbelt.com:

The Kerio Firewall used to be $45.00, but now that Sunbelt has acquired it, the list price has gone down to the "no-brainer" level of $19.95. But wait, it gets better. Until March 31, 2006 you can benefit from the Special Intro Offer and get it for just $14.95 with an unconditional 30-day money back guarantee, immediate online delivery, and toll free tech support. No other product gives you that. Isn't it great to call for tech support and talk to a live human being in the U.S.?!

Buck up kiddies...killer deal!
 
Back
Top