Kepler Lineup Released

Is anyone who is splashing out $550 for a video card really caring about a 50W idle power reduction (or whatever it is)? I seriously doubt it. Guys buying Ferraris don't give a crap about the gas mileage while sitting at a stop light.

And this is just further rehashing of the same Lenzfire article from a few days ago.


Yeah, I fucking care. I sold off 2x6950 to make the switch for zerocore. 60W idle vs 3W idle, not to mention greater performance.
 
I just want the hardware to be out so proper comparisons can be made and I can pick which company is going to get my $$$ for this generation.
 
Yeah, I fucking care. I sold off 2x6950 to make the switch for zerocore. 60W idle vs 3W idle, not to mention greater performance.

Really? You didn't buy it for the performance? If there was no such thing as zerocore, I'm betting you still would have bought it. I watch the 7970 purchasing thread, and I haven't seen a single person in there bragging about AMD's awesome new zerocore technology and how it's going to save them $5 a month. Is it nice to have? Sure, but it isn't a "huge, huge advantage" for AMD.
 
Back
Top