Keeping Outlook synced on a dual boot rig

LazyBum

Weaksauce
I have been hunting around for a while for an easier way to keep my Outlook mail and calendar synced between my Vista and XP installs. Right now my method involves manually exporting my personal folder to a .pst file on a different drive. I have two files in the backup folder, xpversion.pst and vistaversion.pst, so I periodically export a newer version of the file, and import the version from the other OS partition. Is there an easier way to do this?

Well..........using the PST route with Outlook is probably your best bet without going the route of running your own email server. If you did decide to run your own email server, then there are ways to make this happen.

Maybe I'm wrong :confused: Anyone else have any ideas?

I guess I should ask; who do you get your email from?

Is there a specific reason you still need to dual-boot? If you still need XP for some app compatibility, you could just run Vista, and then use Virtual PC to run XP.

Well, Vista incompatibilities have been few and far between but I am hesitant to fully swap over yet. My newspaper's website doesn't work under Vista right now, so that's one annoyance. The main programs I am a bit iffy about are my Palm hotsync software and Motorola phone tools. My XP install is nicely customized, and everything just works ;) Maybe soon I will do a repartition and reinstall, but for now I am not confident enough that everything I need will run properly on Vista.

Back