Keep Ti4600 or Buy 9600XT?

Chelica

2[H]4U
Need a suggestion. Should I keep my GeForce 4 Ti4600 (PNY Verto) running at 315:700 or go out and purchase an ATI Radeon 9600XT. If I should go out and purchase the 9600XT, when should I go about doing so? I heard that the new shipment of next gen Vid Cards are just around the corner. I really do not want to purchase the Vid Card just to see the price fall way down in about 1 week after the purchase.

I hardly game, and when I do it is not on games that requires crazy frame rates like Unreal 2004 or Far Cry. I am only into games like Splinter Cell, Ghost Recon, Raven Shield, and etc.

The vid card will go on a machine that I will be piecing together soon enough:
P4 2.4C @ 3.0
2x512MB PC 3200
XP Pro

Any help is appreciated. Thanks,
Alex

the 9600xt won't really do much better at all, it really wouldn't be worth the money, I would reccomend waiting and buying a card when Nvidia and ATI role out their new linups in a few weeks.

Buy a 9800pro, it is only around 50 dollars more than the 9600xt at the most and it will last you for a long time if your not too crazy about frames.

Originally posted by Merlin45
the 9600xt won't really do much better at all, it really wouldn't be worth the money, I would reccomend waiting and buying a card when Nvidia and ATI role out their new linups in a few weeks.

a few weeks?! nice!

9800 Pro you say? Do you think the price for this card will drop when the new cards roll in? And how much are these cards being sold as used on average?

Thank you

Originally posted by Chelica
9800 Pro you say? Do you think the price for this card will drop when the new cards roll in? And how much are these cards being sold as used on average?

Thank you
9800Pro is the best bang/buck for now but if u can live with the performance of ur 4600, u should definately wait until the new line of cards come out b/c the 9800pro will most likely drop in price a month or so after the release of the new cards

i had a 9600XT for a few days and returend it because it was barely faster and sometimes slower than my 4200@4600 speeds.

Back