• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Keep the 900 or get a bigger case?

Afterburntdw

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 26, 2004
Messages
171
I just got an 8800GTX, as well as some SATA DVD drives. My current cable management in my Antec 900, well, plain sucks. I don't see a whole lot of space on the other side of the case to do much with the cabling, and I have been thinking about getting a new case. Has anyone been in a similar situation? Did you re-org the 900 or get a new case? If I did get another case, I was thinking about something bigger like the Armor or the TJ09.
 
I've got a 900 as well, and my next case will be a double deep one, I plan on not moving it and/or making it a piece of furniture.

Similar to how my 15" subwoofer in my living room is a side table as well.

I've found the 900 to be tight for cables, but I did get round ones, it helps a little. Also, throw them behind the mobo wall?
 
I hear ya. The 900 is a great case - I love the functionality, the looks.....But I wish it was a little larger and had more places to hide the wires. Especially the unused PSU wires (non-modular).
 
I dont own one, but from what I've seen and heard the 900 is a case for those who are either
a) not into cable management
b) willing to invest a more money and time in modular PSUs, modding of the case, etc etc

It just seems like too much trouble off the get-go, and the fact I cant use those from two 120mm fans for a rad pushed me away from it....
 
So if you guys had to pick a new case (preferably a larger one than the 900), that has good airflow, relatively quiet and good cable management, which one would you get?
 
Isnt there a bigger 900 coming soon... thought I saw a thread poking around here somewhere about it :)
 
Isnt there a bigger 900 coming soon... thought I saw a thread poking around here somewhere about it :)


you're referring the the Antec 1200, it debuted at CeBit 2007. It's another one of the hard drive cages, taller.
 
I couldn't find much on the way of dimensions. Is it simply taller with an extra bay or is it deeper/wider as well? I did get my case re-wired last night, and although I am still not 100% happy with it, it's much better than it was. Part of the problem is that I don't have a modular PSU, which is pretty essential if you go with the 900.

What do you guys think of the TT Armor? (black version)
 
if it's not out of your price range, i'd look into the silverstone tj07 and tj09 cases.
 
Back
Top