• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Keep my eheim 1250, or get a smaller pump

zbarnes

n00b
Joined
Mar 1, 2005
Messages
9
My WC loop consists of a t-line, swifty 6002 (1/2") cpu block, '77 Bonneville Heatercore (dual 120mm fans, 1/2"), and an mcw50 (1/2") gpu block. I'm running a Eheim 1250 for the pump, but its big, bulky, and doesn't fit inside my case.

However, my radiator isn't inside either, so its not that big of a deal to mount it outside. I'm trying to decide whether I should go for a smaller DC pump that would fit inside the case.

To be worth it, it would need to have the following:
-low heat into the system
-enough pressure to get through a cpu, gpu and '77 bonne heatercore
-DC, and not draw too much power (I have an OCZ GameXstream 600W powering everything)
-quiet
-smaller than the eheim 1250

I'm trying to decide if the Aquaxtreme 50z-dc12 is worth the extra $$ over my eheim 1250 that I currently have.

Will temps be affected?

Also, Is http://www.cooltechnica.com/Merchan...ROD&Product_Code=AQX-50Z-DC12&Category_Code=P the only place to find these in stock? None on ebay or froogle, so I guess $75 is the cheapest.

Thanks for the suggestions
 
I've also seen the mcp655 (d5) recommended, but I've seen that it puts out more heat.

What do you guys think?
 
thanks for the link!

I'm currently debating between the D5 (mcp655) and the 50z. It looks like the 50z is about 1cm bigger than the D5 (not much), 3x less heat output, 3.2m head (vs. 3.1m for the D5), but less max flow.

They are both around the same price. Now I don't know which way to go... My case is blue and so is the 50z :)
 
50z. It's VERY small, lots of head pressure, more than enough flow, and low heat dump.

The 50z is just over 3" cubed, minus the barbs.
 
Back
Top