Keep LG E2350V or get ASUS VE276Q

lodingi

2[H]4U
I have an LG E2350V LED backlight monitor. I'm not sure if I should keep it or return it & purchase an ASUS VE276Q. This is my first LCD display. I've always used CRT's, so I apologize for my noobness.

The LG looks great, but I'm thinking I would like the larger size of the ASUS. I'm hoping you can help me decide. The LG cost $269.99, same as the ASUS. Not having to layout additional funds for the larger screen also appeals to me.

1. Both displays have a resolution of 1920x1080. Does the larger screen equate to a more pixelated display compared to the smaller LG?

2. The LG is LED backlight. Outside of power consumption, is there any advantage to the LG?

3. The LG has a 5ms response time compared to the 2ms response time of the ASUS. I do play fps games. I've read alot of reviews, and it seems opinions are 50/50 on whether or not it makes a difference. I have been playing games the last few days, and I do believe I am lagging some. I always seem to be a 1/2 step behind compared to gaming on my CRT.

4. The LG came only with a vga cable. I am waiting for my dvi cable to arrive from the egg. Not sure if this makes a difference in PQ or response time?

That's all the questions I have at the moment. I'm sure more will pop up later. Again I thank you for your patience.

LG E2305V Review= not good

Get the Asus VE278Q Review= Good and only costs a bit more.

LED backlighting is worthless except for power savings and they often have worse screen uniformity.

The difference in response time should be instantly noticeable even without the 2 side by side. Picture quality wise the 2 monitors are similar, however the Asus should look more natural.

I doubt you will notice any pixelation on the 27", but this depends on how close you sit and can be subjective.

Download PixerPixAn which is a motion testing program to see for yourself.

Last edited:
Hey thanks for your input NCX. I was going to pull the trigger on the VE276Q, when I noticed the VW266H. It's a slightly smaller screen with 1920x1200 (16:10) resolution. As I have stated, I do game alot on my PC. I do not watch movies. Does the extra vertical height improve the experience?

Nevermind. I went with the VE276Q.

Last edited:
just an fyi look at the newegg reviews on the Asus VE278Q

there are a handfull of issues with monitor just powering off, display port not even working properly if at all, and infact as of right now this model has been discontinued by newegg.

I really loved the fact that this model was led back lit compared to the ASUS VE276Q. I hope asus makes the corrections the the 278Q model and i'll be all up to get this model

Not sure but I'm enjoying my VE276Q. As NCX stated, the lower response time provides a much better gaming experience than the LG model. I also like the larger screen. I'm glad I purchased it.

Download PixerPixAn which is a motion testing program to see for yourself.

Thank you so much for this, needed a tool like that. Looks like the difference between my 2MS and 5MS screen is i'm loosing about 1-3 more frames in the various tests (7 vs 5, 8-5)

just an fyi look at the newegg reviews on the Asus VE278Q

there are a handfull of issues with monitor just powering off, display port not even working properly if at all, and infact as of right now this model has been discontinued by newegg.

I really loved the fact that this model was led back lit compared to the ASUS VE276Q. I hope asus makes the corrections the the 278Q model and i'll be all up to get this model

Its not discontinued on Newegg. Its in great demand, that's why its been out of stock. I have one. Its probably the best of the 27" monitors. Just wish it had 1900X1200.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236101

Back