Keep Antec 900 or Replace?

USB 3.0 is the only reason I'd bother. If you don't mind reaching behind the case to use the 3.0 ports on the mobo, I'd say just keep that case.

The only reasons I can think of to replace it would be to get a chassis with dedicated 2.5" bays, USB 3.0 ports, and cable management cut-outs. And if those aren't absolutely critical to you, then keep on rockin' it.

I recently bought a second one for a server build. Fit 3x 5in3 SuperMicro hotswap bays in it. 15x mechanical drives and an OS SSD fit very nicely. Pretty awesome case.

USB 3.0 is the only reason I'd bother. If you don't mind reaching behind the case to use the 3.0 ports on the mobo, I'd say just keep that case.

Don't even need to do that. One can get 3.0 ports for the front of the case that take up a drive bay. I've got a small one that's occupying the floppy drive spot in my case (right on top where it's convenient in my case)

Don't even need to do that. One can get 3.0 ports for the front of the case that take up a drive bay. I've got a small one that's occupying the floppy drive spot in my case (right on top where it's convenient in my case)

This is what I am using with my Prodigy, just had to cut out the front panel & cover, and run the cables back to mobo, works like a charm :D

Oddly enough I've convinced myself to buy a new case.

NXZT H4400

Just look at that. Motherboard cutout so I can install the hsf in the case, cable management galore, so much cooling, and no useless optical drive. And just look at it!

Nim

Nice! Please post back letting us all know what you think about it once it's up and running.

Back