kbdclass.sys

rpchip

Limp Gawd
Just installed new windows 10 update and having a problem with it. If I try to do anything with it, it bluescreens. The
issue is stop code: driver irql not less or equal. What failed: kbdclass.sys. I hope someone can help me with this problem.

Are you using a Microsoft wireless keyboard? In quite a few searches for that error it seems to a common denominator. As well as a type of Anti virus. Check this out and see if any of these conditions mentioned apply to your set-up.
Driver_Irql_not_less_or_equal (kbdclass.sys) system error.
About 30 minutes ago I read something about it could be a usb problem so I hooked an old style keyboard up and the problem went away. Now I have to figure out how to fix the usb problem. I was using a microsoft wireless keyboard. I wonder if a different brand wireless board would work
because I would hate to go back to a regular keyboard. I am using webroot anti-virus but since it works with a different keyboard it is probably ok. I appreciate you replying,

Consider this a blessing. Now you can justify getting that spanky new mechanical keyboard.

It turns out that it was the webroot anti-virus that was causing the bluescreens. I installed Bitdefender free anti-virus and now the wireless keyboard is working just fine.

It turns out that it was the webroot anti-virus that was causing the bluescreens. I installed Bitdefender free anti-virus and now the wireless keyboard is working just fine.
Antiviruses are more like malware. They slow your computer down and cause unexpected malfunctions. But I guess that's the price to pay if you have to use windows for general use and are not willing to avoid warez.

Not that it will help though, 99,9% of antiviruses get owned sooner than later if you trust it to protect you. 100% of all the infected windows computers I've seen have been running an up to date antivirus.

Back