(kb5034441) wont install with error code (0x80070643)

Yep, same here on 2 machines. Seems MS still hasn't fixed the issue with this update. Increasing the Recovery partitions to 2048MB on both before as well. Figured why not since I expect this this size to be an ongoing intermittent issue with Microsoft in the future as well.

I've noticed that it happens on Pro version. Haven't see the issue on Home version. I have that partition sized to 1 GB which should be more than enough and additional space, because knowing MS, they will come out with more updates that may involved that partition.

Getting a new error now with KB5001716... maybe deserves a new thread! (Quick Google suggests this is a stupid Windows 11 upgrade nag anyway, so nbd, but still annoying...).

1709826023107.png

1709826038778.png

Yeah. This is infuriatingly stupid. I just had a client with this issue. Resizing the partition did nothing. I ended up having to reformat their PC.

just ignore it, ffs. first off, it wasnt that big of a deal in the first place, second they will just patch it into some other update later.

just ignore it, ffs. first off, it wasnt that big of a deal in the first place, second they will just patch it into some other update later.
Yeah I just hide it if I see it, (which is all the time now) too much like work. It's just a Bitlocker thing anyways.

Yeah I just got that same error on a laptop running windows 10 home; KB5001716 failed to install even after increasing that partition to >1 GB using mini tool partition wizard. I guess I'll just hid it.

I am not confident in anything Microsoft does lately. Their quality control is garbage. You'd think with them stripping out large segments of code to streamline Windows would be making things better and more efficient, not worse. I can't wait to disable the influx of baked-in AI nonsense that we're going to have.

Yeah I just got that same error on a laptop running windows 10 home; KB5001716 failed to install even after increasing that partition to >1 GB using mini tool partition wizard. I guess I'll just hid it.
thats not even the one this thread is about.... but you took the right action, ignore it.
also no need for rebuilds....

Last edited:
Back