kb/mouse for ps3

I can't believe that Microsoft or Sony hasn't released a proprietary KB/M controller for their systems.

The 360's USB support is fundamentally proprietary, as it uses "XID" rather than "HID".

The PS3 uses standard "HID". It would be cool if developers allowed KBM use for single player games on PS3 and just kept multi-player as controller only. That would appease many people.

KBM was great on UT3, but due to the fact that its essentially only a Multi-player game, your community is split by what they use to control the game. Splitting your community can be troublesome, which is why I suggest the above compromise.

Nothing is officially supported outside of UT3. It's just one of the downsides to using a PS3 or 360 for gaming.

I did run across one of these. I've read mixed reviews on them but do plan on trying one out when blackops is released. It's not a full keyboard and mouse setup, but at least the mouse is there. Let me know how you like it if you decide to try it.
i have the original splitfish controller/mouse and the newer ones as well. if you play long enough you will have a really good advantage over someone playing with the normal controller. the best part is you can adjust sensitivity on the fly (its on the mouse).

i'd recommend it, i would play against my cousins and they wanted to do 1 vs 3 and i would still beat them because of the mouse advantage.

huge facepalm on this one. they want to move consoles and games with an even playing field an accessibility, not sell people a kb/mouse and tell everyone else 'you suck if you don't have this'.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

I wouldn't be surprised if you were right, but I'm nut sure I understand what you're saying.

I think that a lot of the money in the console market is in the add-ons. They already do it with their Wi-fi, hard drives, etc. I'm not sure if they care about having a level playing field. Upgrades from the basics are always where the money is.

It's like the good old days of quake/doom; give people the incentive to want to upgrade their hardware, and you can make money hand over fist.

It's like the good old days of quake/doom; give people the incentive to want to upgrade their hardware, and you can make money hand over fist.

Not if you alienate your base. Consoles market to the lowest common denominator. There is much more money to be made by keeping the appearance of a level playing field. It isn't now, better sound systems, better TVs, better connections, etc. But the average user perceives it to be a level playing field and that is what matters.

Now, they could, through XBL, keep that appearance and add KBM, but they wont. The mechanic is easy. Default multiplayer match setting is controller players wont get matched with KBM players. Controller players would have the option of turning on mixed matching, but unless they chose to do so, they would never play against a KBM player. Like I said, wont happen.

Back