Kaspersky and Bitdefender are BAD!

Saeid

Limp Gawd
Kaspersky and Bitdefender so far are very bad...
i have bitdefender installed on my system, and i did an online scan with kaspersky (suspicious file scan) and it didnt find anything...

I have this odd folder called in Documents and Settings -> Application Data -> Pollstoplove -> IDOLSHIM.EXE

neither of these detected anything wrong with this file/folder... (i cant delete the file it doesnt let me).... so i did a search on google "idolshim.exe" and i find out that its an adware/spyware....

Did you scan with an anti-adware/anti-spyware application?

Kapersky is one of the best in detection rates out there...as an ANTIVIRUS, which also does a decent job at anti-ad/spyware. Bitdefender is also one of the best ANTIVIRUS programs out there.

But this is just a BHO dude...(LOP) browser helper object. Not a big deal at all, easily removed with a proper anti-adware/anti-spyware application like Microsoft Defender, Ewido, Spybot, Adaware, etc.

Use the right tool for the right job.

Dude, BitDefender is one of the best in the industry as mentioned above.

gta95 said:
I don't think Anti-Viruses are supposed to remove spyware :)
Most modern AVs will to an extent. The newer versions of Trend and Symantec I know have some capabilities, but they are far from intuitive.

Well usually Ad-ware and Spy-ware are included.... i have Bitdefender 9 Internet security.

Anyways i have Ad-Aware Pro and it didnt detect anything...
i downloaded the free Spybot and it didnt remove that particular IDOL thingy...
i tried the demo of Dr spy something... didnt find it...

then finally i downloaded Webroot demo... and it HAS found the one adware that all others could not find.... it goes by the name "lopdotcom"

gta95 said:
I don't think Anti-Viruses are supposed to remove spyware :)

They have been starting to crossover for the past year or two. The better ones, such as Kapersky, BitDefender, NOD32...they've been doing so. Avast also does fairly well in this area. Even McCrappy and Symansuck have been adding this detection to their recent products.

The "threats" have evolved, from just worms and viruses a few years ago, to this other type of malware crap...ad/spyware...downloader trojans, etc. They've become the bigger problem.

Saeid said:
then finally i downloaded Webroot demo... and it HAS found the one adware that all others could not find.... it goes by the name "lopdotcom"

Webroots SpySweeper is one of the best in detection and removal. Good product. Now you're using the right tool for this. You'll notice it's real time protection slows down the system a bit...so once you clean 'n scan 'n remove stuff, disable that...just run a few more scans..after a few days uninstall it.

Back