Kane & Lynch

Frag0Lution

Limp Gawd
This game is damn good. Has noone played it? It has to be one of the most underrated, and shunned games in history. I am playing it at Max settings, but it isn't a sytem hog period. Some game sites are reviewing it badly, but all I see is an AAA title. Give it a try if you have, and post your impressions here::D

I was on filefront or some other site looking for demos, I forget why I skipped this one.

I ll check it out when I m home. What were the issues based on the reviews ?

edit: ah, there is no playable demo for this game...

Definitely not a system hog no, looks damn beautiful and plays smooth even on my system, but I have to tell you.....the game is starting to grate on me big time. The aiming sucks (kinda reminds me of a really low accuracy Hitman 1, or Sam Fisher in Splinter Cell. Funny how supposedly a 20+ year merc gets outshot by beat cops.....), the waypoint guide is atrocious (stop in the middle of a firefight and stand there in order to check it?), and I've never been a fan of games where dying multiple times in order to figure out what you need to do next is an actual gameplay mechanic.

So no, it doesn't surprise me that it's not getting rave reviews. It's a decent game, but I wouldn't call it AAA.

Absolute shitfest. One of reasons I almost never purchase something sight unseen, regardless of positive or negative review scores.

The control scheme feels like something from the N64/PS1 days. The aiming acceleration (adjustable, but still meh) and hitboxes are garbage. I basically start at the feet of the enemy I'm shooting and paint upwards with whatever gun I'm using to kill effectively. The aiming I can work with, the hotboxes are another matter. You can have your crosshairs directly on the head of an enemy standing completely still and still miss, multiple times.

I've used the one-button close combat kill maneuver to do most of my dirty work. As the AI is dumb as post toasties, you can generally outflank them, or shoot them in the ass as they take cover behind a pole that covers either head or ass, but not both at the same time.

Another fun thing to do is assault a group of enemies standing side by side, You can kill the group on the left, and run around behind the group on the right and execute them. This is on the hardest difficulty.

I tire rapidly of game mechanics like "keep so-and-so alive" or "protect captain dumbass" while he ignores your "move" commands and runs blindly into open fire areas filled with enemies.

Lynch caused me to restart that Tokyo nightclub mission about a dozen times because he kept running around after being told to stay put. Turns out the game isn't smart enough to resolve upstairs/downstairs commands. I was tell him to stay a floor below, and he would sprint up the stairs and into fire... or just wonder off on his own for no reason at all. If you're going to put that shit in a game, at least make it work well.

Additionally, the graphics are very plain, and while I enjoy the story and the interaction between Kane, and Lynch, the rest of the dialog is pointlessly Fuck-ridden. Meaning that 9/10 times when you issue a command to Lynch or another squad mate they will drop an F-Bomb, or two. While I'm no prude, it gets a little old, because it's not funny, or meaningful. It's just cussing for shits and grins. Lame.

This game could have used a release date roll back to have been something special, as such it's bargain bin fodder. It's a $20 purchase, at least til the multiplayer dies off on it.

Buggy, poorly designed and rushed last half of game development. That game was a freaking joke. And it looked like an older Hitman game. Graphics were very poor for a title that just came out. I bought it for the XBOX360 and it was a waste of $60.

For some reason, I can't play past where Lynch kills the dudes daughter. It starts going haywire like my CPU and GPU are lagging, but there is no way because it only happens there...

I really didn't like the ending, and I really really really hate the "scripted" event at the end that the game forces (level 16 if you are curious) you to trigger, and forcibly prevents you from altering.

Even if you snipe the guy, right in the head, from the top of the church, three or four times.
Even if you smoke the area and attempt to rush him.
Even if you have your teammates attack him.
Even if you throw all your grenades right behind him.

If there is a way that someone has found around this "event" I'd love to know, because I hope there is a better ending than the two I've seen. If thats it, both endings totally blow.

Such an awesome idea ruined by piss poor execution, and as a slight additional complaint, split screen co-op.

LAME!

There were a lot of broken gameplay elements as well, actual gameplay altering issues, but I won't bother on those.

The game is a disappointment.

I was enjoying it for the most part, but after I finished it, in retrospect... there's absolutely nothing special about it. AT ALL.

The whole "2 enemies siding with each other" wasn't fully realized, and was just a waste of a storyline as well as a selling point (see the ads). The endings were pitiful... and just portrayed an overwhelming feeling of "Congratulations, you've accomplished nothing!!"

....stick to Hitman, IO.

The multiplayer sounds so good though, and fun(ny). Anyone who has the game wanna give their opinions on it?

When I play this game on the 360 it feels like a retards version of Hitman: Blood Money :rolleyes:.

Back