K8V SE Problem

Eocene

Limp Gawd
So basically I got a 3400 socket 754.. with a gig of corsair of ram.. on K8V SE... movo.. asus... but the problem is the computer will turn on.. and like the fans will start and everything and all of a sudden everything will stop....

So ok nothing would go on on the monotor or no beeps.. so i unpluged and replugged everything and now it stays on.. but the video card wont kick in.. only its fan.. its an old one that i know works.. I am planning on getting a 6800 nvidia.. but i waas wondering why my old video cards wont work?

I also tried my 750 quadro.. on it.. nothing..

What type and rating PSU? have you tryed just the board/video/mem/proc outside the case?

may want to try these, and if your powersupply is lacking that could cause something similar to your symptoms.

T

Plug in your speakers. That mobo has voice BIOS errors.

And how old is old on the video card? You can't use anything under a 4x AGP card in there otherwise poof goes the card.

well I tried my quadro on it like i said...

My PSU is an antec 400 w so i doubt thats the problem.

I guess I'll plug in the speakers.. but the case had no speaker connection (maybe it did but it wasnt named "speakers") just a bunch of other extra things for usb and such.

Welp. Do you have 2 sticks of ram? try one or the other. If it is a single stick, try another piece of PC3200 if you have a spare.

Did you try the new bios that came out recently.....Do you even see any bios screens, does it even post at all?

Back