K8N Neo2 platinum sata problems

Zoramac

Limp Gawd
Has anyone found a fix for the Neo2 Platinum problems where it hangs at boot trying to detect the drives or not loads on certain channels? My system just died on me, system rebooted repeatedly at startup as soon as it started loading windows, safe mode would get to mup.sys(?) and reboot. So i tried to reimage the drive, (on channel 3) and windows would get to the screen that says windows is starting (right before you get the option to select which drive you want to install it on) and hang. So i reset the bios to default, remove the 2nd drive, etc. same thing. Finally i put the drive on channel 1 and it loads and installs perfectly. once that is done i switch it back over to channel 3 (so i can redo the overclock- havent done yet), but it hangs at the point of detecting the drives, if i do a complete shutdown, it will detect the drive and start to load windows, but as soon as you see windows on the screen it freezes, and the windows screen is real dim like it hasent come on all the way, like turing a light bulb down all the way until just before it goes off. I can put the drive back on channel 1 and it works fine. Ive tried every combination of settings in the bios with no change, all sata channels on, 1-2 off, etc..

I really dont fell like rma'ing the board, so if anyone has any suggestions they would be greatly appredciated, also I know channel 1-2 are not locked, but what is the highest oc you can get on these channels without having problems, 5mhz, 10, 20?

thanks

Back