• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

K8N Neo2 Chipset Cooling

JohnSearle

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 23, 2006
Messages
228
Hey all,

The active cooler on the board is making quite a bit of noise, and I was hoping to replace it with something a little quieter. After doing some reading I picked up a Vantec CCB-A1C cooler.

The question I have is, could I get away with simply using the passive HS that came with in the set? What's the worst that could happen if I attempted using just the HS? Are their safeties for the chipset in order to prevent overheating?

Thanks,

- John
 
You sound would most likely drop out if the chipset gets too hot. I replaced my old K8N Neo2 cooler with a Vantec copper orb.
 
doubt just running the heatsink its self will cool the chip.. those nf3 chipsets run pretty hot and as far as i know there arent any safety features on them.. your current fan is making all the noise because its probably ready to die and the new one will probably be as quiet as the original fan when it was new and even possibly quieter..
 
Back
Top