• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

K8N Neo 4 PSU

Max|m

n00b
Joined
Mar 7, 2005
Messages
38
Hi. I'm looking at purchasing a K8N Neo 4 mobo and I can't seem to find a power supply I like that fits the -5v on pin 20 requirement. Here are the system specs.

K8N w/ AMD 64 3800+
2 - BFG 6800 Ultras
2 - SATA 200GB Hard Drives
2 - Optical Drives
+ Random lights

My case has a window so I want a decent looking PSU but my biggest requirement is that it's modular and wont clash with my black case/red light theme. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
 
That's a nice PSU and I'll probably look back to it but does anyone know of one that is modular and fit the criteria? I believe that my thinking of modular would be that you plug cords into the PSU so you only have the cords you need. I maybe wrong but that's the kinda thing I'm looking for.
 
The OCZ brand power supplies carry the -5v rail too, antecs do not. For something like what you have listed i'd go with a PCP&C or a OCZ Powerstream 600. You can get a OCZ Modstream too, not quite as good, but should do the job and its modular. Avoid the Neopower, its confirmed not to have the -5v.
 
MrMitch said:
For something like what you have listed i'd go with a PCP&C or a OCZ Powerstream 600.
I don't think the Powerstream 600W has the -5V line.
 
according the manufator specs it has a -5V@.5A's, its because of the 20+4 approach OCZ takes on there PSU's, it conforms to the 20 pin standard, which has that -5V's, and then they "piggyback" the extra 4 pins to get to 24 pins instead of using an adapter.

That modular PCP&C is sweet dude.
 
Back
Top