K7N2 Delta-ILSR

longbow64

n00b
I know that this is an old board. I am trying to install a sata 1T wd drive with a completely new install of either windows XP or windows 7. The problem that I am having is that the MOBO does not recognize the sata drive. It says that there is not a drive installed. I tried to install the sata driver while installing win 7. It still says that there is not a drive installed. I am at my wits end and getting frustrated. Any ideas from some of you people out there that are a whole bunch smarter than me?

Assuming the SATA controller can handle a drive of that size, it sounds more like you aren't using the right driver, or you don't have the ports configured properly.

That most likely wouldn't work for Windows 7. Trying going right to the controller maker's website, such as Intel, AMD, etc.

ok........now it seems that win 7 doesnt want to install at all. i unplugged on of my eide optical drives and plugged the sata into sata 1 slot on the mobo. i guess i am too much old school for the sata stuff. lol.

If it comes down to it you might need to buy a pci sata card for cheap on ebay.

i might have figured it out. i was trying to load the wrong thing. i am trying the raid controller now. a couple of other forums said that might work.

Huh, interesting to see that this actually works. I'm surprised no one has questioned this platforms ability to run windows 7. what cpu and how much ram are you running? I was running the k7n2 delta with a barton 2500, 1gb ram, and a 9700 pro. it was amazing it its day, but i don't think i'd want to run windows 7 on anything less than an a64 4200 with 3gb of ram. Let us know how it runs.

i think it is an amd 2800+ with 2g........dang too long ago i built it. LOL i will find out tomorrow and reply. time for bed now, wife getting angry!!

Back