K.I.S.S catagory

Sniper_Merc

[H]ard|Gawd
One that I just built for a friend last month.

Thermaltake V8000 case, Athlon 64 3500+ @ 250x10 for 2500 MHz, X800Pro, 1 GB Corsair PC 4000 Pro, Epox EP9NDA3+ motherboard.

Painted the drives, zalman fanbus, came out not too shabby.

tainted_finished_2.jpg

tainted_finished_4.jpg

taint_new_5.jpg

TVersetti said:
how do you like that case?
as quality as its daddy?

I wrote up a mini review on it on my website, here's the excerpt dealing directly with it.

That Thermaltake case is HUGE!!! While providing plenty of space and airflow it is not an easy case to work with, there are no drive rails just side locks and or screws holding the drives in which have screw holes in them to lock the components in place think I much prefer the Xaser III overall, but with V8000 already coming with mounting and pass through holes, for the eventual addition of water cooling, it is a big + in it's favor. The twin 120 mm fans and twin 90 mm fans in the case are nearly silent which is great. The front 3 bay hard drive rack just sucks ass, it kept getting caught in place and I couldn't push it out the front like it's supposed to be able to do, eventually early this morning I rammed it through the front and figured out that 2 tabs bent out and were preventing it from sliding easily, I whacked that tabs off with a nibbler and all is good again.

Couple of points to add. While the side locks do work fine, I still recomend that after the system is completely built that you put screws in the sides to help stiffen the case (can see I did exactly that in the pics), as it does flex some, and also to keep the drives from rattling. The cords for the front buttons and lights are fine in length, the same can't be said for the top panel wires, there too short to try and hide so they wind up being right in the middle of the area between the board and the drive cages.

http://snipershide.kickme.to/

Back