Just wanting to vent!

Status
Not open for further replies.

phedre

Limp Gawd
This is a about a transaction I did on ebay. If this is the wrong place to put it mods feel free to delete it. Anyway, I sold a motherboard to a gal on ebay and she gave it to here boyfriend. I should note that before I sell a motherboard I check every port and ram slot. I then run superpi32m and sp2004 fro 24 hours. I have a 7 day non-doa guarantee. On the 8th day after she had received it I contacted the buyer for feedback. She told me the board was malfunctioning. I asked her repeatedly to contact me to see if I could troubleshoot. When her boyfriend finally calls, he tells me he's getting a ton of IRQ errors and that he was unable to load windows on the machine. Obviously concerned at this point I asked them to return the board for a refund. When the board ariives there is a fair amount of dust and debris on the cpu backplate. Also the cpu backplate is different than the one I sent out. When I hook up the board the bios version is 1.5 the board I sent out had 2.3 installed. I contacted the boyfriend and he confirmed he never got windows to load, doesn't have a floppy drive and never flashed the bios. When I asked him to explain how my non booting motherboard aquired these changes he said, Good Question. No satifactory explanation was forthcoming. I told him I didn't believe this was the motherboard I sent out and that I wouldn't refund his money. Further If he wanted the board he sent me he could pay me to ship it back. Since then his girlfriend has filed a dispute with paypal. I never accused them directly of fraudulent behavior. My reputation is worth more than what I would make on this board, but it's the principle of the thing. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks for bearing with me.

If the buyer files a paypal complaint, you will be the one that wins: Paypal disputes only check if the buyer recieved the item.

This person is trying to scam you. They bought yours, and then said yours didn't work and swapped boards. Report the user.

Also, this board is only used for transactions made here.

you will more than likely be OK with paypal, as long as you can prove you shipped him a board.....they are less likely to get involved with the he said she said crap...

Indeed, this forum is for transactions occurring here on [H]ardforum, not on e-bay. Please feel free to post it in our off-topic forum, General Mayhem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back